Iphone 3GS won't restore to ios4.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by alexjm, Jun 26, 2010.

1. alexjm macrumors newbie

Hello. I am new at the forum.
    I have this problem: i have an iphone 3gs 32gb. Ut was jailbrokened with spirit, and cydia asked for a complete upgrade. I did that, but i was not so patient, and it seemed that the phone have stacked to the restart point. So i restarted manually the iphone, and asked me for a restore. I did that, with itunes 9.2 to ios4 and at the end of the procedure, a message popped up saying me that the restore could not complete and asked again to try the restore. I did it for 3 times again, the same thing happened, and from then the iphone cannot be restored and i can only take emergence calls. Everytime I plug the iphone in a pc/mac, it tries to restore, but it cannot and always i come up with a msg in Itunes: There is a problem with your device. We are sorry the iphone you connected is not recognized and cannot be activated for service. Visit the nearest applestore'I am in Greece and there is not an applestore'
    The weird is that at the only screen that i can see, the one of the emergency call, i can see the new wallpaper of the ios4 with the raindrops. change of pc or mac didn't help, and trying reset the iphone or putting it in dfu mode made no difference.
    Is there a solution to fix it? any help appreciated . .

2. alexjm thread starter macrumors newbie

3. alexjm thread starter macrumors newbie

4. FirdausRahman macrumors newbie

iphone

hey man.. I encounter the same problem as u.. got any luck to fixed it? if you dont mind sharing:)