iPhone 3GS won't start after battery drained out

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by withoutshade, Jan 9, 2012.

1. withoutshade macrumors newbie

I don't know what exactly the problem is but the phone was working fine when the battery drained out and the phone turned itself off, on the next day it didn't start. I bought a new battery but it turned out to be non-original and I may haven't connected it to the phone correctly. What could be the problem?

2. SvP macrumors 6502

SvP

This:

I had to replace GS' battery four times to get it right. You need the exact same type nr. to make it work.

3. withoutshade thread starter macrumors newbie

4. hafr macrumors 68030

Do you mean you switched the battery, turned on the phone, drained the battery and now it doesn't charge? Or have you been able to charge it before?

5. withoutshade thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I bought the new battery after the phone didn't start.

6. hafr macrumors 68030

Oh, okay, my bad :) I had the same issue as you with the 2G. After having already thrown it out, my friend told me that apparently sometimes the only problem is that the connector is too dirty so it won't charge, kind of like how sometimes you have to wipe the SIM card clean with a rag for it to work in the iPhone...

So if it'd happen to me again, the first thing I'd try is to clean the charger and the connector.

I have no idea whether this might help you or not, but it's all I know in the matter :)