Iphone 3gs wont turn on after custom firmware restore

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by p33pst3r, Aug 2, 2011.

1. p33pst3r macrumors newbie

Aug 2, 2011
    Hi im having a a big problem and i cant figure out how to fix this ill start from the beggining so you know how things have happened

So i got my iphone 3gs on sunday i managed to jailbreak it, when i got the phone it was locked so i used ultrasn0w i used redsn0w to put my phone into DFU mode.

So all was great my phone was jailbroken and unlocked, to unlock my phone i had to update my baseband to the ipad 5.16.00, then after an hour like an idiot i plugged my phone into itunes and clicked on restore and update, yes i know what a mistake as i read that if i updated my baseband to the ipad one i can only restore custom firmware.

Anyway since then my phone got stuck in recovery mode.

So i used redsn0w to enter Pwned DFU mode and then restore a custom firmware using itunes. Itunes said that it had sucessfully restored the custom firmware, which was great but now no matter what i do my phone wont turn on at all, so i thought ill try and restore again, so again it did it succesfully and again it didnt turn on, but the strange thing is when i use redsn0w to put my phone into pwned DFU mode i dont even have to do the power and home key combo to enter it its like its already in DFU mode, so its like stuck, ive tried irecovery tinyumbrella everything i have no idea what to do, could someone point me in the right direction?

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

Mar 3, 2008
    Why aren't you using the dfu mode from pwnage/snowbreeze? I would think the software that created your custom firmware would be a better choice.
    Are you hacktivating or using an AT&T sim? If the latter, turn off hacktivation. I would recommend using the sim to activate. Less issues.
  3. p33pst3r thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 2, 2011
    HO wod i know if im hacktivating it, im using a tmobile sim it was origionally on O2.

I also dont know what software created the custom firmware as i just downloaded it on the internet, to restore the firmware i dont need to shsh files do i? Also can i just restore ANY custom 3gs firmware or is it specific?