iPhone 3gs Wont turn on!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by HnKMOM, Sep 27, 2011.

1. HnKMOM macrumors newbie

A friend had an iphone 3gs for about 10 months. It suddenly shut off and wont turn back on! :confused: She gave it to me and I am trying to figure out how to get it working again so I can use it! I have tried so many different things to no avail!! HELP PLEASE?!?! :confused:

2. Rolvag macrumors regular

Rolvag

3. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Press & hold power button and home button for about 10 - 15 seconds. Let it goes and then power it up normally.

4. HnKMOM thread starter macrumors newbie

I am not sure how to reboot? I pressed and held the power and home button for 20 secs at the same time.

Then I did it where I held the power button for 15 then the power and home together for 15 then just the home for 15

neither worked

5. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

Have you checked the battery? It sounds like I'm being sarcastic, but I have met a lot of people who make stupid mistakes like that. And, what happens when you do connect it to your (or her) computer?

6. HnKMOM thread starter macrumors newbie

LOL... Yes I have had it plugged into my computer for hours and nothing...

itunes doesn't recognize it and it doesn't show the battery on the phone... it stays a black screen when plugged into the computer.

7. dazki macrumors newbie

this way

simply using ireb
    then restore in to 4.someting
    it depends from the unit