iPhone 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by um33st, May 30, 2013.

1. um33st macrumors newbie

Hi, sort of new here, just had a question, searched about 'Hacking' iphones but couldn't find much pertaining to this question,

If I purchase an iPhone from a private party as used, do I need to worry about any sort of hack or tap on the phone that could potentially breach any data transmitted or stored on this iphone? If so, are there anyways to remove such as a factory reset? Not trying to be paranoid but buying used comes with its price.

2. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

In terms of buying used comes with a price, I think you should be more concerned with physical condition. You can alway erase and restore.

3. crucius macrumors regular

If the device is restored as new, nothing remains of the previous owner. Physical condition, on the other hand... i would be worried about THAT.

4. um33st thread starter macrumors newbie

okay, just got it in the mail, it was factory reset, the thing looks brand new for being from 2008 (i assume), paid 120 for 32 gb, i don't see any funny behavior from it