iPhone 3GSNo Service Randomly

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Steagles, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Steagles macrumors newbie

Ok. I have an iPhone 3GS and it is jailbroken on 4.0.1, and today I cannot get any signal at all, in no data land, Edge land, and 3G land I have nothing. The best I got it to do was a single bar (shortest it could be) showed up as AT&T (w/o data) in a 3G area for 7 seconds. And now it only says Searching... and has been for almost an hour now. My battery was at 100% when it started and it is now at 93%. I have reset the springboard 3 times and ejected the SIM and rebooted as well. Other non-smartphones on AT&T got full reception.

Thanks.
    Steagles

2. markhener macrumors newbie

Hey man thought id make an account here to somehow help you. Do you still have Apple Care on the phone? I would've called Apple first instinct. Two days ago I dropped my iPhone 3GS onto my kitchen tile and it would only have one bar of service and give me the "NO SERVICE" constantly. Wasn't able to make any phone calls, as they would drop or the other person wouldn't be able to hear me. Apple said it could be a software update (obviously not) but insisted I tried to restore my phone first. As I did and nothing happened so I booked myself an appointment with a Genius. He started telling how they didn't cover physical or liquid damage, and how he could really see my low/no signal issue due to being inside the store with just about no service at all. I told him that for sure it was an issue. He asked if he could go in the back and open it up and see if anything was wrong. As he asked a manager said she needed help with something and he asked to be excused. After he returned shortly after he told me he doesn't do this everyday but was giving me a brand new out of the box 3GS, I was still covered by Apple Care though. I suggest taking the time to talk with them even if its not a replacement they might be able to solve your issue.

-M

3. Steagles thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok. Thanks. I have a warranty from Best Buy that goes through Apple, so I will go my Apple store to see what I can do.
    Jason