Iphone 4.0 beta 4 expired?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vilim12, Jun 14, 2010.

1. vilim12 macrumors regular

While my phone was plugged in, my phone expired at exactly 8PM tonight. Ive searched but I seem to be the only one as of now, anybody knows whats going on? Im trying to restore to the same software I have now and ill see if that fixed anything. Anybody else expired?

2. bit_bucket macrumors regular

bit_bucket

Beta's expire, but you knew that because you read your agreement when you started your iPhone Dev account right?

You have 3 options
    1) log into your Dev account and download the 4.0 GM
    2) downgrade to 3.1.3 and use instructions on the net to get past recovery loop
    3) wait for actual 4.0 GM to come out

3. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Mine expired promptly at 8:00 PM. So nice of Apple to warn me ahead of time that it would be expiring today at 8:00 PM. Fortunately, I had another iPhone in the car (still on 3.1.3) that I switched to until I got home to download the update.

4. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

The GM came out a week ago. An e-mail was sent to developers. You should have updated by now. Don't try to act like they did something sneaky that you weren't aware of.

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Wow. Talk about someone that shouldn't be playing with matches. Hey, only you can prevent forrest fires. Don't install betas if you don't understand the consequences. That is why they are called beta versions and not release versions.

Check out Bsweeet's twitter. He has a link on his web site on how to recover.

6. bit_bucket macrumors regular

bit_bucket

Ding ding ding, an email was sent to developers, as in those who paid for the privalidge. Unfortunatly you don't get emails from torrent sites telling you that the beta you horked is expiring. Had you had an actual development account Apple would have made you aware.

7. dagomike macrumors 65816

8. mikegchambers macrumors newbie

9. vilim12 thread starter macrumors regular

no big deal, just wasnt aware it was due to expire today. I also made the mistake of searching for beta 5 when it was goldmaster already, got it up and running thanks