iPhone 4.0 Beta & Notes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by omegaphil6, May 5, 2010.

1. omegaphil6 macrumors 6502

Since i've installed the 4.0 beta (1,2 & 3) my notes no longer sync from Apple's Note Apps on the iphone to Mail on my iMac, are others experiencing this as well?

2. omegaphil6 thread starter macrumors 6502

yes i understand its a beta! i am not complaining that it doesn't work i just want to make sure it is an effect of the beta and not something else going on.

3. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Yes, and the entire point of a beta is to test and work through issues.

Why do idiots always respond like this when someone brings up issues with betas?!?!

4. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

I'm pretty sure there's enough people at Apple running the beta's to point out these little bugs anyways.

The beta's are meant for development purposes, not to go around here and complain about your beta not working. Here, straight from Apple:

5. omegaphil6 thread starter macrumors 6502

I AM NOT COMPLAINING, i just wanted to confirm it was an anomaly that is related to the beta or if it was isolated to something else in my personal setup.

6. AlanShutko macrumors 6502a

Submit a bug report in Apple's bug reporter, or check the dev forums to see if it's a widespread problem.

7. mhuk01 macrumors 6502

i too am fed up with people on these forums who constantly have a go at anyone that mentions issues with iphone beta software.
    If you don't agree with people discussing the beta who aren't developers, don't read those threads!

8. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Don't tell me what to do.

9. mhuk01 macrumors 6502

i'm not, just simply saying that non-developers do and always will install beta software, it's their choice and nobody else's.

10. ogdogg macrumors 6502

Unless you live in North Korea. Then it's Kim Jong-il's choice. :eek:

11. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS (JB3.1, unlocked): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/8A260b Safari/531.21.10)

That's odd - mine works fine. Although now I'm just syncing OTA with MobileMe. Works great, syncing between Beta 3 and Mail on my iMac.

12. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

It's a shame that on a Forum, someone can't post an honest question, and get help without having to get blasted for asking.
    This is about the most non-friendly group of people that I've ever seen on a Forum. At least, the ones that post....
    Tell you people what, I'll try to be much more friendly and helpful, and I hope that you will also.
    I wish that I could help the OP.... maybe someone will answer the question. Beta, or not.

13. AlanShutko macrumors 6502a

Is it an honest question if someone had to break an NDA to get the question here?

14. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Well, I'm assuming :p everyone here has the beta because they purchased the SDK which deems them developers. So they can come here and freely discuss the issues of the beta all they want.

And even if they aren't developers, they should be able to discuss issues of the beta freely w/o some idiot always pointing out it's a beta. They're talking about a freakin' iPhone OS for crying out loud! At least they aren't discussing the EVO again! :rolleyes:

15. lemonade-maker macrumors 6502

lemonade-maker

Pirated beta software doesn't care about an NDA.

16. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS (JB3.1, unlocked): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/8A260b Safari/531.21.10)

And it's the assumption that there are enough Apple employees running the beta to catch all the bugs that stops people from reporting them. Case in point, the two bugs I just reported yesterday, pertaining to X. Surely I'm not the only person running the betas with X configured? And yet I was contacted by an engineer within hours - for both tickets - and asked to install logging tools, etc.

In other words, people DO need to report problems. Granted, MacRumors is hardly the place to do that, but still - don't assume that Apple is aware of all the bugs. If they were, they'd probably have fixed them already.

17. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

I know what you're trying to say, but fixing bugs isn't as easy as 1 2 3.

They need to go through hundreds of lines of code to find one small bug. If they make a change to that line of code, then another line may get affected. It's not exactly easy, so to say that they would have the bugs fixed as soon as they're reported is silly lol.

I remember taking programming in high school, I would have a 99% working program. I'd go back and find the problem and create a couple of more in the process. It was frustrating and that's why I don't program anymore lol.

I've submitted bugs before and had them contact me too, I was asked a series of questions and in the end, they told me they were aware of the bug. Waste of my time? Probably, but I was bored anyways :D

18. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

But MR is a great place to discuss with other users who might or might not experience the bug. It helps to discuss your experience with others to determine the conditions that cause the bug to appear.

And doesn't everyone here love Apple? :p Therefore, it's another good reason to let people discuss their bugs here. The more discussion, the greater the possibility that someone will report something useful to Apple to get it resolved.

19. omegaphil6 thread starter macrumors 6502

I am a developer, the beta OS is not pirated and i am not breaking any NDA with Apple.

Really... just forget it. can a Moderator close this thread please, i will think twice about using this forum for feedback from other users, from now on