iPhone 4.0 OS Might See Facebook Integration

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AlexanderRivera, May 13, 2010.

1. AlexanderRivera macrumors newbie

May 13, 2010
    iPhone 4.0 OS Might See Facebook Integration

The iPhone gets a lot of rumors…but this isn’t one of those “iPhone coming to Verizon 2010/2011″ rumors that’s built on pure speculation. Confirmation of a possible iPhone 4.0 OS and Facebook integration system might be coming as soon as Apple’s WWDC event which is June 7th.

Read More: http://www.theblogwiki.com/iphone-4-0-os-might-see-facebook-integration/
  2. northernbaldy macrumors 6502a

Jan 13, 2010
    the north, UK
    facebook! I would rather have my balls waxed than have anything to do with facebook
  3. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

Oct 15, 2008
    Im absolutly F@~king sick of Facebook integration with everything!

I check my Facebook to see status and photo's of Friends, and its a good way of keeping in touch with people you dont get to see as often as you would like.

I dont give a sh#t if anyone is playing angry birds, got a high score on doodle jump, or got some carrots in their crappy little garden!

Stop this crap because its making Facebook unbearable.
  4. The Phazer macrumors 68030

Oct 31, 2007
    London, UK
    There are references to Facebook integration in the iPhone OS4 code, so we already know there's something planned.

There's plenty of good stuff that could be done here - a lot of people update their mobile number via Facebook, so having functionality to copy that automatically to my phone contacts would be good, or integration of profile photos with the contacts app automatically.

5. angevil macrumors regular

Jan 19, 2008
    I hate facebook. I hope there will be no integration with it or it would be a major turn off.
  6. maflynn Moderator

Staff Member

May 3, 2009
    Given that apple provided facebook integration in other apps, its quite possible
  7. INeedAMacBook macrumors 6502

Feb 8, 2010
  8. kas23 macrumors 603

Oct 28, 2007
    Fine, let them do this, but they need to give us an option to completely shut it off. It's strange that Apple won't adopt support for Blue Ray, but they'll adopt support for this fad. I guss Facebook can't possible erode iTunes revenue.
  9. boss.king macrumors 68040

Apr 8, 2009
    You can block most of those feeds from coming up. I agree with you that those are the most annoying things in the world, but at the same time I would love more facebook intergration (more so with the iPod and contacts though). There are some pretty cool things they could do with this, but I predict that it will just be more ways to tell people that you found some stupid game or that you have a highscore in 'MafiaFarm 2: Dolphinville Quiz Extreme' or some other retarded game. Its a pity when things aren't used in ways that could be helpful.
  10. iPhonedHome macrumors 6502

Jun 10, 2008
    This is a crock if this becomes reality. Facebook has become a huge, overloaded heap of chit. As one poster said, Steve better damn sure give the user an toggle to completely turn this garbage off.

It's all about money and it's starting to show Apple's true colors.

I continue finding myself lured toward Android. Sad but true!
  11. androiphone macrumors 65816

Dec 13, 2009
    NO WAY! I DO NOT WANT FACEBOOK INTEGRATION AT ALL EVER, trying to add people I dont want to contacts, facebook likely stealing your photos and displaying them publicly for all to see, tracking your location so they can rob you, no way will I be buying if it's in there, the facebook app if fine and MORE THAN ENOUGH why the hell do you need it ANY more integrated EVER!!!!
  12. rajjkamal macrumors newbie

Apr 21, 2009
    You'd have to change your nick to southernbaldy then! :p
  13. r3voLoL macrumors member

May 12, 2010
    You do realize were talking about the OS, not the next gen iPhone....
  14. dmusicstud macrumors newbie

Jan 25, 2008
    If you have the Facebook app installed, there's already integration, but I can see where a built-in system would cause some consternation for non-Facebook users. But Android? Already has some integration as well. The fad that is Facebook has impacted their OS and apps as well.

BTW: Last I checked, Google is a for-profit company as well. It's all about money there too.
  15. DC Steve macrumors newbie

May 12, 2010
    If they do this then there will definitely be a way to turn it off. It's against the law for it to be syncing and posting information on the internet about you or your current location without you saying its okay to do. Because of this, I don't really care what they do. I agree that it would be nice to pull down contact information automatically from facebook friends if anything changes, but besides that I'm not interested.
  16. androiphone macrumors 65816

Dec 13, 2009
    I currently dont have an iphone, so I would have to buy the iphone to get it, but I admit I could always simply not enter facebook info, but I would much prefer there to be no facebook integration as there is a perfectly good app which the user can choose to have on their phone or choose not to have facebook anywhere near their phone or just use it through the browser
  17. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Apr 18, 2010
    That blows!

Integrate something useful instead like SIP/VoIP support.
  18. dgree03 macrumors 65816

Jan 8, 2009
    Everyone in here, take your tin foil hats off.

Facebook intergration has already happened with android and BB(and maybe even web os?)

The intergration they have is that you can sync you CURRENT contacts with your ajoining facebook account. That way you CAN CHOOSE to have your facebook friends, facebook picture as their profile picture.

On android you can also see the persons status if you look at their contact info or if you sending them a text message. it streams across the top.