iphone 4.1. upgrade - texts vanished

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dazzla35, Sep 13, 2010.

1. dazzla35 macrumors newbie

Upgraded iphone 4 to 4.1 software this afternoon. Iphone synced and all seemed well until when trying to send a message the iphone crashed and returned to home screen. When loading up messages again all the messages gone.

Connected up to computer and the iphone synced automatically which has deleted all the messages from the backup too. SO when i did a restore there are still no messages!!!

Not the end of the world - bit frustrating but does anyone know why this happened??

Can i get the sms messages back? Have looked through the backup folder and can't find backup from earlier than the one which happened as soon as i connected the iphone after the bloomin messages were deleted!!

2. cypher23 macrumors member

cypher23

Don't quite know what exactly could have caused it but if you looked in Preferences > Devices > Device Backups and nothing was listed earlier than today's date then unfortunately, they are gone. :confused: The same thing happened to me when I was trying to setup my iPhone 4 initially. The only thing that you can do differently is turn off automatic syncing so that it won't wipe out anything accidentally.