Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheComposer

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2011
This is interesting, because here in Mexico (Border city), i've seen classified ads where local people sell iphones 4 16 GB (Some CDMA, Some with SIM) for as low as 175-250 Dollars, don't know the reason though (Different sellers, and i don't think they are hot) but you can activate them with the local companies, and jailbreak them, i'm planning to get one soon (The first iphone to me!!).

So, since the Iphone 4 can be quite expensive, do you guys think it would be a good idea to buy and sell a few on Ebay? I mean, would be something i need to check in specific before even trying? I'm sure here in my country there won't be problems cause a lot of people say it, but i don't know in the US

Thoughts? You want one? :D (Just kidding)

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
This is interesting, because here in Mexico (Border city), i've seen classified ads where local people sell iphones 4 16 GB (Some CDMA, Some with SIM) for as low as 175-250 Dollars, don't know the reason though (Different sellers, and i don't think they are hot) but you can activate them with the local companies, and jailbreak them, i'm planning to get one soon (The first iphone to me!!).

So, since the Iphone 4 can be quite expensive, do you guys think it would be a good idea to buy and sell a few on Ebay? I mean, would be something i need to check in specific before even trying? I'm sure here in my country there won't be problems cause a lot of people say it, but i don't know in the US

Thoughts? You want one? :D (Just kidding)

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Ever heard of scams?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.