iPhone 4 - 16gb or 32gb

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by prfrma, Jun 9, 2010.

1. prfrma macrumors regular

Help me decide...

I'm currently using a 3g 8gb iPhone however I was hoping for a 64gb iPhone to fully replace my iPod as a external drive. However... alas, 64gb do not exist and it's likely I'll probably get an iPhone 4gs/5 next June...

So, should I save probably £100 and just get the 16gb iPhone and use smart playlists? Or should I get a 32gb and hope that I can get some of the value back on the re-sale?

2. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I don't understand the problem. If you can afford it, then you go for 32GB. If you believe it is worth another 100, then you go for it. I don't see why so many people say, "Should I GET 16 or 32!? OMG should I get white or BLACK!!! I cannot decide!!!!!!!"

Look people, how long are you all going to keep your damn iphones? Right... until apple announces next iphone 6, right? (Or until you lose it)

I buy a phone and keep at least 3 years. I still have iphone 3G and I have been waiting for this.

3. prfrma thread starter macrumors regular

Well like I said, I was really hoping for a 64gb iphone, which I think would have been good enough for another 2 years.

32gb isn't really what I want, but is it good enough? I really wanted something that could act like an external hard drive however when I began to work out how I would use a 32gb iPhone, the 16gb one started to make more sense.

Any one with experiences with 16gb wishing they had purchased the larger one? :confused:

4. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Apple would have certainly put 64GB micro SD card on iphone and selling for more money. If you see 32GB card for 199 dollars, then you can imagine how much would it cost to put 64GB.

People always complain and want more things, but they bitch about money. That's why apple had to stick with 16/32 GB. Tell me a phone that offers 32GB memory as standard except iphone.

5. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

iPhone 6?
    No I'm planning on updating my (future) iPhone 4 next year when they bring out the 4gs/iPhone 5

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

For me, 16GB would be enough. My media collection is over 100GB so there is no way for an iPhone to carry it all. Fortunately, I'm not one who has to have all my stuff with me all of the time.

7. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

From my experience, it's not worth it in resale value. The extra hundred you spend will get you maybe 10-15% more when you sell it. In other words, you won't make it up. If a 16GB sells for $600 a 32GB may sell for like $650.

8. prfrma thread starter macrumors regular

Money's not really a problem, although i'm not entirely sure I should pay extra for something I don't necessarily want.

If a 64gb version came out for +£200 more than the 16gb version, I'd buy it without a second thought.

9. dav macrumors 6502

I sure hope it's not named the 4GS. First one was bad enough, heh.