iphone 4.2.1 and songs not starting at beginning

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tekksan, Dec 7, 2010.

1. tekksan macrumors regular

Apple really needs to look at their software QA processes. Ever since I upgraded to 4.2.1, when I advance to next track, songs randomly start several seconds in. Sometimes even halfway through the track. And no, I do not have "remember position" enabled on any of them. And yes, I realize this is software and bugs are to be expected but this is a basic device function-to play songs correctly.

Apparently this is a known issue as there are a few threads about it on the Apple Support forums but I can't believe that Apple fails to check to make sure basic things like this work before releasing golden code.

2. vachargerfan macrumors regular

I am on 4.2 and use my ipod all the time. I have never had this happen. Maybe try restoring the phone as new

3. JDoexx macrumors newbie

4.1.2 bugs

Album art dislaying incorrect album art on random albums sinced I updated to 4.2.1.

4. tekksan thread starter macrumors regular

I've tried that. I think it is a 4.2.1 issue, not a 4.2. Lots of bugs related to the ipod functionality of the device. Just a real bummer they let stuff like this go unnoticed.

5. tekksan thread starter macrumors regular

I upgraded both my Iphone and my wife's to IOS 4.3...same problem...dang...

6. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

I've had both of these problems, the album art one is much more frequent though. I'd say at least half the time the wrong album art is displayed. With the songs they usually just start a couple seconds from the END, which I have no explanation for, since I don't have 'remember position' enabled either.

7. tekksan, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2011

tekksan thread starter macrumors regular

I've played around a bit more with this issue and found if I select all my music, right click and Get Info-then go to options, check Remember Position and select Yes in the drop down box.

Then do a sync to my iDevice

Then go back and select all my music again, right-click, Get Info, Options Check Remember Position and this time select No in the drop down box

Then do another sync to my iDevice

it seems to work a lot better...so far I haven't noticed any tracks NOT starting at the beginning.

Before, I made sure none of my tracks had "remember position" enabled...so I don't know...maybe ENABLING it, syncing, then DISABLING, and syncing did something beneficial. It's worth trying if you're having this issue too. YMMV.

Hopefully this 'fix' holds :)