iPhone 4 32GB vibrate differs from 16GB

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dgabel, Oct 14, 2010.

1. dgabel macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

So I don't know if I need to be concerned or not...

Three weeks ago I purchased a 16 GB iPhone 4 and loved it but decided after two weeks that I needed the 32GB. Went to my local Best Buy and exchanged phones. When I was on my way home, I received a call (I usually keep it on silent) and I noticed that the vibrate was louder and not as "tight" as my previous phone.

I've had it for about 5 days now and it is noticeably different than my previous phone. My roommate and I just spent 10 minutes calling one another to test things out (he has a 16GB) and he observed the same "looseness" and louder vibrate from my phone.

Has anyone observed this difference between the 16 and 32 models? Or is it possible there is something wrong with my phone?

2. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

They sit in a metal holder attached to the chrome bezel by two screws and there are two lugs which fit into the plastic case. If not seated correctly or if the holder is slightly bent, they can 'rattle'. I have cured this before by padding out the motor with tape. If not happy, take it back.

Regards

Spencer