iphone 4 - $350; Good price?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ineedsomehelp, Dec 31, 2011.

1. ineedsomehelp macrumors newbie

What do you think the resell value of the iphone 4 will be when the iphone 5 comes out? I'm looking to purchase one for $350 right now without a contract (brand new), but I can't really justify the purchase. This will be my first iphone experience, which is why I am having difficulty judging the prices.

Thank you!

2. forcetactic macrumors 6502

Used ones are going for 270-300 on CL so by the time the next gen comes out, expect a bit lower

3. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

it depends on where you are located. used ones here are bringing $350-$400. Im in Southern Indiana

4. Vudoo macrumors 6502a

Vudoo

I recently sold my 32 GB iPhone 4 for $300 on Craigslist, which is the average on eBay as well. I expect them to be in the $200 range when the next iPhone is released. The market is just getting saturated with iPhones. Best Buy is currently giving away free 16 gb iPhone 4 with a contract.

5. gerrian macrumors newbie

If you are getting a carrier contract, why EVER buy an iPhone outright?
    Whether you own it outright or not, the contract fees are the same.

Also I'm surprised at the high buyout prices. My Canadian carrier values my iPhone for trade up at (500/36)*months left . We have 3 yr contracts here.

6. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

I agree with the above post ... you still need to sign into a Data plan to use the phone anyway.

I paid $49.99 for a brand new iPhone 4 that nobody has used on the toilet before :cool: