iPhone 4 + 3D glasses

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by darnovo, Jul 9, 2010.

1. darnovo macrumors regular

im sitting in a movie theater waiting for dispicable me to start and i put my 3d glasses on while looking at my phone and the screen is very colorful and prism like... i dont remember this happening with the 3gs, it could also be the invisible shield which ive never had before... check it out

2. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

Real3D glasses?

I have a pair, will have to try it out when I get my iPhone.

3. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

If you have sunglasses with polarized lenses you may notice that the iPhone 4 looks different through them as well. And since polarization is one of the tricks used to produce the 3D image in theaters, I guess that's not surprising.

4. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

5. D3lta macrumors 6502a

It's not just 3D glasses, my regular sunglasses do the same thing.

6. Soulcrux macrumors 6502

Soulcrux

When I read the title, I assumed that the OP was going to ask if it was possible to have 3D on the iPhone if you used glasses. I was about to facepalm.

7. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

8. don pianta macrumors regular

the bestbuy movie app was awesome! (did you use it for the movie?)

9. Despacio macrumors member

There are some games for iPhone that let you do 3D with the old red/blue 3D glasses.

10. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I can't help but wonder if a screen with such a high pixel density would allow somebody to optimize a 3D technology that effectively creates seperate pixels for the left and right eye in a way similar to RealD (not the same technology, though).

11. Soulcrux macrumors 6502

Soulcrux

Nope. There's a reason you need a whole new type of TV to watch 3D. iPhone has a pretty nice screen but nowhere near capable of doing 3D

12. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

The new TVs have a very high refresh rate, enabling them to quickly swicth between images for the left and right eyes. In theory, with the unmatched pixel density of the iPhone screen (in a consumer product) it would be possible to create seperate pixels for the left and right eye. It would be a different technogy than the shutter glasses 3D-capable TVs do, but it could be very capable if a lot of optimization and effort went into it.

13. insidmal macrumors 6502

insidmal

it's your invisishield, plastic is made of petroleum there is oil in it, hence the color oil-slick effect, much like you would see in the ocean to the south of the US

14. TheBama macrumors 6502

TheBama

An another note, Wasn't both the movie and the app cool? Had people two rows behind me trying to read my screen when the translation started. Perfectly timed too.