iPhone 4/3G data issue ongoing- cannot figure out problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tigres, Mar 26, 2011.

1. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

Hi everyone,

I am in need of some assistance, and would love to get some ideas as ATT has no clue on what's wrong.

Both mine and my wife's iPhone 4 have abysmal download and upload speeds on the 3G network. Speediest range (3 different programs btw) from .02 down/.04 up to .68 down/.18 up. This has been going on for 8+ months; in my home town.

Now, I am in a full coverage area, full bars, 3G service at all times. I have used that POS Mark the spot app. about 50 times and just get the text back saying thanks. I have called almost every month this year begging for assistance with this issue.

I travel occasionally, and when I do I see much better speeds. In fact 5 miles from my home I can pull about 1.8mbs down, and 1.3 up. I don't think it is the device, as everything is flawless. Additionally, I have had the sim replaced to no avail for the issue. It seems to me (logically) that this area where I live and work is like a giant dead zone in data; and it is just making the experience very hard to bare.

For instance, when I am out with a client locally; if I need to check email- the phone spins and says connecting for about 20 seconds or more, only to bring up a one line email with no attachments. It is as if the phone attempts connection to the network forever.

Can anyone here please help me, or give me direction. I feel this is just the way it has to be at this point.

Facts:
    ATT says all towers are in perfect working order, and I am surrounded by them in my city.
    Both phones on 4.2.1
    Mine is JB hers is not; same exact issue on both. And, mine had same issue without the JB.
    Both in cases.
    Can't stream pandora without cutouts every 10 seconds. Both phones.
    ATT says that it is the handset, or the sim.

Any assistance w/this is greatly welcomed and appreciated!

Thanks-

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

3. tigres thread starter macrumors 68040

tigres

ATT says, nope all is fine w/network.

I agree w/ you James. But I have no way of getting them to fix it I suppose. I am just joint to keep on calling and asking for data credits then. Let them just give me my data money back monthly until I show up on the radar. ;)