iPhone 4 + 3G Microcell = Poor Reception

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AbSoluTc, Jul 2, 2010.

1. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

I keep reading thread after thread about how there is either..

1 - No reception issue.
    2 - It has to do with low signal/poor signal (your area)

However nobody seems to be addressing one minor issue with everyone stating it's your area having poor signal. If that's the case, why is it when I am connected to a Microcell, I STILL have the same problems? Bars drop to nothing and then searching within 30 seconds. When on a call, the bars drop to half a bar and the call goes south. Holding the phone to browse the web and do phone things (in my left hand) results in all 5 bars going down to nothing and then searching and then you guessed it - NO SERVICE.

Trying to make a call on my phone while this is taking place is painful to say the least. It either fails or is so garbled it's not even worth it.

So - it's OBVIOUSLY not a signal issue since my Microcell gives me 5 bars - not fake - but REAL 5 bar signal.

On top of all that, my 3GS did not have this issue (before I sadly sold it). None. Full bars, no dropping while on call, no odd way of holding it. Nada. FYI - we have 2 other NON iphone phones in the house on AT&T using the Microcell. No issues at all. None. You can hold it any damn way you want, full 5 bars, they have never dropped a call.

It's not the Microcell. This is my second one because everyone thought the first one had issues. Going by what I know now, it had no issues. These problems all started with the iPhone 4. We have 2 of them. Both have the same exact issue.

Please - tell me the excuse for this now? Boggles my mind how people can sit there and pull half cocked excuses out of thin air and others blindly believe it. :mad:

2. scho52386 macrumors regular

scho52386

I am sorry to hear that, and I am not getting the Microcell anymore. Thank you for this post.

Let me post for some Apple diehards/people in denial.

Munitalp - "Trolling away, eh?"

Ethan028 - "No. Stop making threads like this. There are about 10000 more you can go bitch in."

Julien - "If YOU believe it is flawed then take it back. We don't want are need another pointless crybaby thread about it."

Thep33t - "I can see the reasoning for allowing June/July 2010 sign ups post, but they should not be allowed to make a new thread without moderation."

Noah82 - "Damn newbies."

iPhonehome - See this thread. Lol. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=951964&highlight=scho52386

Detroit1 - "ENOUGH. IT WILL BE FIXED IN THE NEXT SHIPMENT YOU IGNORANT ****. WAIT. YOU ARE NOT "SPECAL" AND DO NOT DESERVE A WORKING IPHONE. I HAVE NOT EVEN ATTEMPTED TO GO TO THE APPLE STORE TO BUY ONE SO I AM NOT "SPEAKING IN MY INTEREST." I HOPE YOUR PHONE BREAKS AND THEY DONT TAKE IT BACK" My personal fav.

Some other ones I saw:
    "It's a software issue" - Yes...my IP4 can detect how I hold my phone
    "Only you are having this issue since mine doesn't have it"
    "It is not a big deal" - Yes...a phone not being able to make calls is not a big deal
    "Return your phone" - No
    "You are holding it wrong" - LMAO
    "Get a bumper" - This is not a fix

3. scho52386 macrumors regular

scho52386

Got another one!

Falconeight - "Who cares return the damn phone already people and shut up"

I should make my own thread about d*cks on this site. Lol.

"OMG our Apple products could not have a flaw!! If you think they do return it or GTFO!!!" Lol