iPhone 4 3G signal issue..not "death grip"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thenumbersrbad, Jul 14, 2010.

1. thenumbersrbad macrumors 6502

thenumbersrbad

Is anyone in Florida experiencing 3G signal issues?

I am in an area in central florida, and i can have full bars one minute and then the next i have no bars but still show the 3G signal and i can load web pages and sometimes make calls. i can also pull the phone out of my pocket it and my phone will be on edge and then after a few seconds it will go to 3G and have full bars and then drop a bar, i returned my first iphone 4 because of the sensor and now my bars seem to be worse. dunno if maybe 3G is messing up in florida or not

does this seem normal? are people experiencing this? thanks

2. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

My phone has issues with data as well. However, sometimes I'll have 5 bars and 3G, but can't load any pages. Other times, I'll have no bars and CAN load pages perfectly fine. The EDGE issue is similar. Not sure whether it annoys me enough to return it though. I think it's because the phone has a separate antenna for data usage, not sure though.

3. thenumbersrbad thread starter macrumors 6502

thenumbersrbad

4. thatisme macrumors 6502

thatisme

Yes, I'm in Florida and when in my house (not so great signal area), I have 3 bars and can get the issue to arise and take me to 1 bar, but call quality doesn't diminish... 3G speed does take a hit.

On I-95 between West Palm Beach and Melborne, I get 5 bars and cannot get any signal change even with a "super death grip"

I do notice when sitting in one place in my house, my signal will go from 5 bars one second to 2 bars the next while the phone is sitting on my desk. Every once it a while it goes from 3G into Edge on it's own, without touching it.

I have just chalked this up to a poor signal area, as again, when on the interstate or outside, my signal is rock solid, and even a "Super Monkey Death Grip" can't cause the phone to drop bars/signal

5. thenumbersrbad thread starter macrumors 6502

thenumbersrbad

Yeah I may just need to get over the fact that the bars are now more accurate, I just find it hard to believe I can have five bars at home and drive less than a mile to work and watch it bounce from 4 to 3 to 2 and 1 at any given time, when I used to have five bars most of the time

6. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

I'm having a different signal issue. When I put my finger on the spot where the metal splits on the left side of the phone, my signal seems to drop rapidly. Anyone else have a similar issue?

7. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

8. jaziCo macrumors regular

jaziCo

Hey guys having the same problem here is Michigan.. what kills me.. is that in the same spot.. without moving... ill have 5 BARs then.. bam if unlock it, or touch down to zero just like that... im asking peeps around me, that if their having this problem... they said not really just the same old ****** service from ATT.. so i dunno.. you think it can be OUR phones ??