iPhone 4 4.1 - jailbroke, unlocked but 3G not working

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by marktronics, Oct 31, 2010.

1. marktronics macrumors newbie

Hey all,

I upgraded my iPhone 4 from a jailbroken, unlocked 4.0.1 state (jailbreakme.com) to 4.1 with PwnageTool 4.1.2.

I installed ultrasn0w after the jailbreak and am getting service from AT&T. I am not able to use 3G though. The status bar indicates I have 3G, but when I go to load a webpage, I get a status indicator next to the 3G icon but nothing loads. Eventually, I get the "Cannot Open Page - Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding" error.

I have reset my all my settings and network settings, but that has not helped getting 3G working.

In Settings -> About I am connected to the AT&T network, running version 4.1 (8B117) of the OS, Carrier is marked as "Not Available" (issue?), and my modem firmware/baseband is 01.59.00.

Kind of stumped. Couldn't find anything online about this.

Help?

Thanks!

2. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Are you using a gophone sim? Have you tried rebooting the phone?

3. marktronics thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm on AT&T in the US which is what puzzles me the most!

I have tried rebooting several times.

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

When you used pwnage, did you choose the activate option? You might have to redo your pwnage. I accidentally did that the first time through with pwnage and was not getting a signal on my AT&T SIM. I redid it again, making sure I didn't have activate checked and didn't add any packages. It went fine the 2nd time.

5. jason221 macrumors 6502

Why did you install ultrasn0w if you are using AT&T?

6. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Resale value....

7. jason221 macrumors 6502

If he sells it, it will probably be on 4.2.x anyway. The next iPhone doesn't come out until next summer.