iPhone 4 4.1 stuck on connect to iTunes

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by anetoiu, Mar 20, 2011.

1. anetoiu macrumors member

anetoiu

Hi
    I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.1 on it and it got stuck on the connect to iTunes screen. It's a locked iPhone 4 from France but I don't live in France so I have no way to get a SIM card from them to get rid of that screen.
    Please, help, it happened to me while trying to upgrade 4.1 to 4.2.1 and I got the 1013 error.

2. jdaniel macrumors 65816

So what.... are you trying to do? Were you using the phone before? You know if you update your firmware.. which means you are updating your baseband you will not be able to unlock the phone....

3. anetoiu thread starter macrumors member

anetoiu

I bought the phone with the baseband already updated to 2.10.04. I have been using my iPhone as an iPod but right now I can't do even that thing.
    I want it activated, not unlocked because I know there has not been released any unlock for the new basebands. I just want to use it as an iPod again.

4. anetoiu thread starter macrumors member

anetoiu

I tried, then it gave me the 14 error, I changed the USB port, then I got the 1013 error again.
    Now my prior problem is to activate my phone so I can use it as an iPod.

5. jdaniel macrumors 65816

yes yes I understand....

I have encountered similar problems with no real explanation... I just kept trying various ways or troubleshooting...

Try tinyumbrella or recboot to kick it out of recovery mode.. seldom ever works but worth trying.. in your case.. using mac or windows..

Apple says:
    Error 13 and 14: These errors are typically resolved by performing one of more of the steps listed below:

Perform USB isolation troubleshooting, including a different USB port directly on the computer.
    Put a USB 2.0 hub between the device and the computer.
    Try a different USB 30-pin dock connector cable.
    Eliminate third-party security software conflicts.
    There may be third-party software installed that modifies your default packet size in Windows by inserting one or more TcpWindowSize entries into your Registry. If your default packet size is set incorrectly it can cause this error. Contact the manufacturer of the software that installed the packet size modification for assistance.
    Connect your computer directly to your Internet source, bypassing any routers, hubs, or switches. You may need to restart your computer and modem to get online.
    Try to restore from another known-good computer and network.

Last resort I would uninstall itunes.. restart.. reinstall.. newest version...

But if you are trying to upgrade now to 4.2.1...means you are not doing it officially through... itunes isnt it? You are using itunes but pointing it to a file you downloaded.. I would assume now there 4.3 out.. Apple has stop "signing" 4.2.1, so unless you saved the shsh before you would not be able to do it to 4.2.1 you would have to do 4.3...no choice...

http://modmyi.com/forums/general/754191-apple-still-signing-ios-4-2-1-a.html according to 8 days ago.. they are.. but these things change so...I have no idea at this moment.

6. jdaniel macrumors 65816

According to a thread here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1117023

They are not... so thats your problem. You cannot point your itunes to a file you downloaded from online and try to get it to restore to that... because itunes will not "sign' that software....

Unless of course you HAD tinyumbrella before and saved your SHSH files.....then you can do it..but I doubt thats the case.. and once you missed the opportunity its gone.. cannot do anything but to update to 4.3

7. anetoiu thread starter macrumors member

anetoiu

Now I can't get the 14 error anymore. I get the 3194 and the fix for that is to add that line with 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com and then I get the 1013 error and the fix for that is to remove all gs.apple.com links from the hosts file

BTW, I have the SHSH saved for the 4.1 version

8. jdaniel macrumors 65816

lol you should put a # infront of ALL apple.com things... *unless* read below...

So if you have saved the SHSH files for the 4.1.. on tinyumbrella? So your only choice is to go back to 4.1.... I assume you know how to use tinyumbrella you can look it up...

Have you tried going back to 4.1? You def cannot go 4.2.1.. if you saved 4.1 on tinyumbrella then its pretty str8 forward if you saved it on cydia then its a bit more complicated I assume its the same for your version
    http://www.ihackintosh.com/2009/09/how-to-downgrade-iphone-3gs-os-3-1-to-3-0-with-cydia-shsh/

9. anetoiu thread starter macrumors member

anetoiu

I think these are the SHSH that I have saved for my phone, what should I do ? I'm getting the 30194 and 1035 errors over and over again. I'm very paniced
    [​IMG]

10. jdaniel macrumors 65816

ok you have saved 4.2.1 not 4.1

so you download a clean copy of 4.2.1, if you want to jailbreak it use pwnage tool to do it.. what pwnage tool does is take the copy and make a new one and u use itunes to point to the newly made firmware name something something custom.. so in tiny umbrella all you have to do is leave it running in the background before itunes is running... and click start TSS server

So when itunes is connecting to server will connect via the tinyumbrella and sign your firmware.

even if you dont want to jailbreak it.. best to put it into DFU mode :)

11. anetoiu thread starter macrumors member

anetoiu

Aparantely, I already have the iOS 4.2.1 on my iPhone 4 but I can't get rid of the connect to itunes screen
    That's my main problem

12. jdaniel macrumors 65816

my friend....you have to restore your phone...

Do you understand?

Did you download a 4.2.1 software somewhere from online?

Put phone into DFU mode..> run TSS server on tiny umbrella.. leave it running..Open Itunes....Connect iphone..i think for windows.. I dont know u do it... for mac its option click restore.. point it to the downloaded 4.2.1 software.... and let itunes restore... (have you done it like this before?)

13. anetoiu thread starter macrumors member

anetoiu

14. jdaniel macrumors 65816

but you do have a sim card in there.. means you need to hacktivate because you are not using the official sim card that itunes recognizes for your phone,
    you might as well jailbreak it.. you are going to have to use pwnage tool like i told you.....

download: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

ok once you have that you run it.. select iphone 4.. select expert mode.. click next.. select/browse to the ipsw you downloaded... click next... then you will see 4 options...click general make sure activate is selected.. you can change your partition size to 1000mb which is 1GB which is what i usually do :) i am a bit ocd.. anyways then go back... then click build... so it would build a new ipsw and the name will be nearly the same as your original except custom_restore. so... once its done u do the same **** s before... with TSS server running etc in the background but u point it to this NEW modified ipsw.. it should work no problems now.....

*sigh* you are one difficult case to help LOL hope u get it done this time

15. anetoiu thread starter macrumors member

anetoiu

I saw that fixing on the internet but I have Windows
    I actually don't know any Mac user

There is no version of Pwnage Tool for Windows

16. jdaniel macrumors 65816

oh gosh fine fine.. i'll do one for you and send it to you.... since i have already spent so much time helping you might as well finish the job right..PM an email address or how u want me to send you the file. seee... this is why u should use a mac LOL

17. anetoiu thread starter macrumors member

anetoiu

"jdaniel has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

You can send that to anetoiu@gmail.com

Thank you so much for trying to help me for so many hours, maybe I can use my phone again tomorrow at school :D

18. jdaniel macrumors 65816

ok gonna try n send now.. if u have any questions just email me easier i dont have to check forums.. or gtalk me.. so where do u live?

19. anetoiu thread starter macrumors member

anetoiu

Ok, send me your e-mail adress. I live in Romania.