iPhone 4 4.2.1 GPS issue...Any fix?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 007bond, Feb 18, 2011.

1. 007bond macrumors 6502a

007bond

I am having a serious issue with my iPhone GPS. The location in all apps (including the maps app) shows a location that is far away from my location. It makes all location-based apps slightly less useful. Anyone know of a fix? Or is it a hardware issue?

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

I also have a couple of apps that do the same thing, but my maps app and most of the others are dead on. I would say that if the maps app is not accurate, it is probably hardware related. I would probably do a Restore As New, before I went to the trouble of taking it in though.

3. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

is it jailbroken or unlocked? is wifi turned off?

if it's a stock device and you havent done this already, turn off wifi, and ensure Location Services is turned on for all apps in settings. then go outside with exposure to open sky and a few yards from any tall buildings, open up the maps app and press the bullseye icon in the lower left, and wait. if it doesnt start drilling down to your actual location after a few minutes, try doing a restore in iTunes.

4. 007bond thread starter macrumors 6502a

007bond

Already restored in iTunes as new, and went outside to try it. I guess I have to go to the apple store tomorrow.

Edit: Also, my Dads iPhone 4 finds his location just fine. No JB/Unlock