iPhone 4 (4.2.1) What did I do wrong?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by EuroBrit, Jan 24, 2011.

1. EuroBrit macrumors member

Basically, last night I tried the tethered jailbreak on my iPhone 4. Everything worked fine I installed Cydia and booted into tethered, I then updated Cydia and everything still worked fine after booting back into tethered. I then tried to install Winterboard and my phone got stuck on the Apple logo and I had to restore it, whilst I was panicking mind.

Now, I want to try it again, but does anyone have any idea why that happened?

2. Missjenna macrumors 6502a

Missjenna

I believe winterboard is one of the apps that you have to reboot device after you install it. Therefore you would need to boot tethered once again.

The tethered JB really isn't all that bad once you get through setting everything up. Don't let it scare you :)

3. EuroBrit thread starter macrumors member

That's the thing. I couldn't boot it tethered again as the iPhone wouldn't connect to the computer until I got it into recovery mode.

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Well, to boot tethered you need to be on DFU, so I don't see why is this an issue, you just stop one step before.

5. shawndre macrumors member

I had the same problem. Figured out you need to hold the home and power to turn it off and then immediately do the dfu procedure to tether. Then it will Be all good

6. Antitorque macrumors member

I had the same problem, endless Apple logo. Installed Cydia with Redsnow, then booted tethered, installed some apps, I think on the third "reboot phone" it got stuck on Apple logo. So I gave up, a week later tried it again. It got stuck on the Apple logo after the second Reboot phone, so this time I launched Redsnow, disregarded the part about having the phone off (cause you can't turn it off) and started with the power, home and power, home routine, this broke the endless Apple and turned it into a pineapple. I was back in business. I have no idea why it goes endless Apple and I dread downloading Cydia apps that require a reboot phone.

hope this helps.