iPhone 4 4.2 GM iOS Bug

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fraggot, Nov 7, 2010.

1. fraggot macrumors 6502

If others cant replicate this bug then great, if not then maybe it's just my phone.

But I noticed today at a friends daughters birthday party. I had shot some videos and such, went to check them out in the Photos app but they weren't there. None of the videos or photos I had taken had shown up yet unless I looked at the Photos from the Camera application.

I noticed that the Photos app had been running in the background the entire time while I was shooting pictures. So my guess is that since it's running it's not updating itself or something. Once I deleted it from the multi-tasking bar and opened it, all of the pictures and videos popped up.

This could become a minor issue, simply cause some of my less tech savvy friends didn't even know how to open let alone know the multi-tasking bar existed in their iPhone 4s(which just blows my mind to why they bought one in the first place but that's a discussion for a different time).

I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this or can duplicate the problem and if so, yay.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I could not duplicate this. I have an iPhone 4 on iOS 4.2GM.

3. gwang73 macrumors 6502a

gwang73

Nope, all my videos and photos show up in photo app after I take them. Try a reset and see if you can reproduce the issue.

4. Tomple macrumors 6502a

Tomple

+1 try a hard power off (home button + power button) and report back. I could not replicate the issue on iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4

5. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I have seen this on my iP4 running 4.1 (JB).

It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, hitting the home button and giving it a few seconds usually clears it up.

6. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

7. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Had this problem in 4.0. You just need to do a hard reset and the problem goes away.

No longer a bug.

8. fraggot thread starter macrumors 6502

I did a hard reset and it seems to have went away for the most part. It shows the pictures and videos now, but they're showing up out of order.

Like something I took before it, will show up after it in the Camera Roll. It's really not a big issue, it just could be for some other people out there who don't have a full understanding of how the phone works.

9. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

10. ishtahir macrumors newbie

the problem i'm having is my camera and photos app haven't worked at all since i upgraded to 4.2 GM..i've tried everything and it doesn't work, it just keeps crashing..any other ideas?

11. Kariya macrumors 68000

Kariya

I have non of those issues.

You guys should reset all your settings.