iPhone 4 4.3.1 Redsn0w Issues

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BFW122083, Apr 15, 2011.

1. BFW122083 macrumors 6502

Hey everyone,

Long time reader, rare poster :) I have been jailbreaking my iPhones for the past two years using all the knowledge I have learned from here, and what I couldn't find here, from Google. I understand how everything works (shsh, downgrading, etc..) but I have a couple questions regarding the recent jailbreak.

For the past week I have ran into a few minor annoyances since the new jb. First has to do with BiteSMS. I seem to randomly get text notifications from messages that were received days-hours ago. They are messages that have already been checked. I have the latest paid update from Bite. Also when initiating facetime calls one of these random messages will pop up and cause the phone to crash into safemode. Anyone else have this going on?

The other problem I have is every time the phone crashes and I respiring back to normal, I get an appstore badge for an update, which I don't really have.

The last issue is the backwards vibrate switch issue which a few people seem to be experiencing as well.

Anyone have any advice? I have been jailbroken on 4.0, 4.1, 4.2.1, and now 4.3.1 on this phone. I have no problems on any other firmwares. All I have installed is tetherme, sbsettings, bite, springtomize, weathericon, switcherplus, fakeclockup, gridlock, and iFile.

Any tips are appreciated! Thanks for looking.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, same problem here with Bitesms randomly getting text notifications from messages that were received days-hours before.
    I think its a bitesms issue and they probably will adress it on the next update or maybe next beta.

3. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

It probably is. Keep in mind this jailbreak has been out for a couple of weeks, not even a month. BiteSMS and all other issue-causing apps will be fixed at one point to be fully compatible with iOS 4.3.1 and beyond.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Cool, no big deal.
    I just gotta remember it so I dont respond to older texts that pop up here and there:D

5. BFW122083 thread starter macrumors 6502

Glad to hear I am not the only one with the BiteSMS problem :) Anyone have any idea about the random appstore badge showing when I have no updates? Its really bugging me lol!

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, Im getting that too.
    Then when I check for updates it goes away then a few minutes the badge pops up again.:D

7. benjayman2 macrumors 6502

benjayman2

Yah this happens to me too with bitesms. Hopefully it gets fixed in the update. I think music controls pro has gotten like 4 update since 4.3.1 jb lol.