Iphone 4 4.3.3 facetime not working on ATT

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by johnstaboii, Jun 29, 2011.

1. johnstaboii macrumors member

Ok so I have an iphone 4 on 4.3.3 with ATT and it is not working. I turn it on and nothing happens. No waiting activation or anything. After a few minutes I get "Activation unsuccessful. Turn on FaceTime to try again." I tried everything! I reset my network, restarted/respringed my phone, turned wifi on and off, and I even tried opening the ports on my firewall to see if that was the problem. Facetime used to work fine for me and I just noticed it recently when a friend tried to facetime me and it didn't work. Any help appreciated thanks!

2. AppleBoyFreak macrumors 6502

Sadly, all Apple will tell you to do is restore your phone then they may replace it, so best bet is just try to restore it then call Apple if it still doesn't work. Best of luck!

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Restore.
    You might have to setup as new phone.

4. johnstaboii thread starter macrumors member

since my phone is jailbroken 4.3.3 what would be the process to restore that?

5. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

You didn't preserve your baseband 1.59.00 by any chance, did you?

Not sure if that even affects it, but it seems to affect VVM, VM and MMS so I figured it was worth asking.

If you're not preserving anything,

Plug your iPhone into iTunes, back it up by right clicking on the phone and clicking "Back up", Restore to 4.3.3, restore from your backup (it'll prompt you to do this after the restore), and then re-jailbreak with Redsn0w. :)

6. johnstaboii thread starter macrumors member

honestly its posts like that why I love this forum every one is so helpful. Now one more q before I proceed with that, am I going to be able to unlock my phone too bc in a few months I plan on selling and getting iphone 5.

7. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I'm glad you think we're helpful! It's what we're here for. :)

Unfortunately, if you ditch the 1.59.00 baseband, you will be unable to unlock except for with the Gevey turbo SIM, which is a bit messier than the Ultrasn0w unlock. :(

If you've got SHSH blobs for 4.2.1 firmware you could always create a custom firmware and downgrade!

8. johnstaboii thread starter macrumors member

meh gevey is <$4 thank you though!