iPhone 4, 4S, or 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Planner Dude, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Planner Dude macrumors 6502

My wife's work will pay her phone bill, so she was thinking about getting an iphone...especially since verizon is giving the iphone 4 away free with a contract.

Are the features between the 4, 4s, and 5 worth the $200 premium?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Tell her to go with the iphone 5.
    It will be able to take advantage of Verizons fast LTE network.
    With the iphone 4 or 4S she'd be stuck with slow cdma 3G for internet.
    You can now get the iphone 5 from best buy for $150 with contract and at wal mart even cheaper for $127.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

From 4 to 5, it is well worth the upgrade. I would go middle of the road at the 4s myself. How much is the 4s compared to the 5 on a new VZW contract?

4. NedBookPro macrumors 6502

4S is great. It's (cpu) is powerful enough, has the 8MP camera as the 5 does, and the photos are quite good.

Failing that... just hold back and see what the 5S offers when it comes out.

Personally I went from a 4 to a 4S. I wanted a better camera mainly. I panned the 5 because I couldn't justify the cost of another 2 year contract for hardware which quite frankly, is not that much better than the 4S.
    - I didn't feel that an extra row of apps (longer screen size) was of any worth.
    - Couple of millimetres thinner? So what.
    - LTE/4G? Don't need it. On 3G I get @5Mbps, that's plenty fast. Even for tethering to my laptop for general net use.
    - I also prefer the glass back to the aluminium back.

I use my phone to make calls (surprise), use email, take photos, and I use some apps like TomTom, Google Maps and Runkeeper.
    I don't play games on it, so CPU is not an issue. CPU has more than enough horsepower.

4S meets every requirement in my situation, and I'm saving at least $500 a year compared to upgrading to a 5 because now I'm on a pre-paid, unlimited plan, no contract. I paid $500 for the phone, and it's on it's way to paying for itself.

If the 5S does not offer much, I'll stick with the 4S -
    - or maybe, :eek: go to another brand.