Iphone 4 5.0.1 tmobile unlock/jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by aceapplenoob, Jan 16, 2012.

1. aceapplenoob macrumors newbie

I'm a complete 'Apple/Iphone' noob. I've jailbroken Ipads and Itouch's before so I know the basics but thats about it and I really need some help.

I recently bought this and I'm just waiting for it to get in the mail,

http://www.gamestop.com/elect/cell-...-att-black-gamestop-premium-refurbished/98140

now here is where I need help. My understanding is that only certain base bands can be unlocked.

I want to jailbreak, and unlock it to work on Tmobile AFTER updating it to 5.0.1

What steps, precautions, or things should I know? Can someone please help me?

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Unlock is based on Iphone's baseband (modem firmware). So, look at your phone and provide the following;

1. firmware version.
    2. Modem firmware.

If your phone modem firmware (baseband) is 04.11, then you can't unlock it at all.

3. aceapplenoob thread starter macrumors newbie

what are the chances of it being 04.11?

Also are there certian basedbands that can only be unlocked GEVEY SIM?

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

If the phone you are getting is on 5.0.1, 99.9% it will have 04.11 baseband.

5. b0bab0i macrumors regular

Gevey Sim can unlock anything under 4.11 i believe.

6. aceapplenoob thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, all of you for the help.

So i'm hoping that when my phone gets in the baseband will be anything lower than 4.11, and I might just buy a GEVEY SIM so I can be sure to unlock it.

Afterwards, I just preserve the baseband by installing a custom iOS 5.0.1?

7. geoff2005 macrumors member

so pretty much if its updated to 5.0.1 it updates the firmware therefore it cannot be unlocked? are the dev teams working on an unlock for it? i want to be able to use the phone overseas with an overseas sim.

8. b0bab0i macrumors regular

Yep.

Yeah, if you did a normal update to 5.0.1, it will also update your baseband so it can't be unlocked yet. We have no idea if dev teams are working on it, I know they are working on jailbreaking 4S & iPad2(A5 processors)