iPhone 4/5 vs Xperia Play

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mr. Incredible, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Mr. Incredible macrumors 6502a

Attached Files:

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think it looks kinda of ugly.

I'm also unimpressed with the idea of making a gaming phone. I'm one of those odd ducks that use his phone for, well calling, email and web. The iPhone's nice that it offers games for some diversions, but that's not why I buy a phone (to play games).

Sony is marketing this as a gaming device that makes calls - not my cup of tea.

3. EvilEvil macrumors 6502

EvilEvil

I would stick to the iPhone. Sony Ericson phones have been terrible lately. Sony also mentioned they want to bring Playstation games to all platforms including iOS and Android.

4. icanhazipad? macrumors member

It reminds me of the N-Gage... that was wildly successful, remember?

In all seriousness, I use my phone as a phone first and foremost, followed by a point and shoot, mp3 player, email tool, gaming device. I think the Play has it backwards, and I've never really liked gingerbread anywho...

5. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

The Xperia has been announced? How did I miss that!

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

7. Interstella5555, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2011

Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Well, it hasn't "officially" been announced, there's been an announcement of an announcement...which is pretty ridiculous. The Xperia is for people who game but don't realize they're gamers, like a NGP light. It's certainly not going to be able to handle the same games, and it has the same unfortunate slide up design as the Go. It may find it's niche, but I'll be picking up a NGP over this any day of the week. My iPhone is great for what it does, but it's not gaming hardware.

8. elan123 macrumors 6502

That's a sin!

9. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Well I certainly enjoyed sinning by watching Let the Right One In and some Star Trek and making some dinner instead. I am sure glad that [insert team name] won though.

10. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

If just because it had the new Pirates of the Caribbean trailer :) And that cute car commercial (not unique to Super bowl, I know) with the Darth Vader kid and the dad with remote start.

I really didn't watch it because I worked. It was on at work, but doing pizza delivery I was in and out all night.

11. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

I love Sony and I love PlayStation! But Sony Ericsson phones are awful!

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Well it is the most important holiday in the US. everything comes to a halt on Saint Super Bowl Sunday :D