Resolved iphone 4 + 5th gen iPod touch to have free 3g

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by King Alekay, Aug 3, 2011.

1. King Alekay, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2011

King Alekay macrumors member

I think that the iPhone 4 will be available with free 3g coverage when the iPhone 5 is released. I also think that the 5th Gen iPod touch will have free 3g internet. What does everyone else think?

I was retarded back when I started this thread...

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

What in the world would make you think anything would be free?

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Where do you get that? The iPhone will never have free 3G, and the iPod probably won't get 3G at all.

4. King Alekay thread starter macrumors member

I think that the iPhone 4 will have free 3g but it will be more expensive and the iPod touch will just use 3g for internet (like the ipad).

5. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Apple doesn't dictate that, Verizon and ATT determine how much people pay for 3G. What reason would the phone companies have to provide free 3G when they could make a ton of money by charging for it?

6. King Alekay thread starter macrumors member

Apple did have a photo of an ipod touch with 3g when you clicked on iTunes on the online site, but they changed it to the current ipod touch.

7. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

I'm a little skeptical of that. What indication was there that it had 3G?

8. King Alekay, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2011

King Alekay thread starter macrumors member

AT&T and Verizon would get a chunk of the money from the iphone 4 sales.

EDIT: Look it up Alust2013.

9. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

They still wouldn't make nearly as much money. What gave you this idea? Also, what am I looking up?

10. King Alekay thread starter macrumors member

I wish you could see it for yourself on the site but Apple already changed the ipod touch photo to the current one.

11. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

That was just a iPhone image photoshopped onto the iPod Touch. Apple has slipped like this in the past. In October of 2007, there was an image of the iPod Touch 1G with a Bluetooth icon in the corner. Did the iPod Touch 1G ever get Bluetooth? No. It means nothing at all.

12. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

I looked up the picture. Since the screen images are simulated, I'm guessing that it was just an iPhone screenshot on an iPod touch.

13. King Alekay, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2011

I got that idea because a whole lot more people would be able to afford an iphone, thus apple would be making more profit. I think Apple will be trying to get iphones into the hands of poorer people and developing countries.

Yeah but the 2nd Gen ipod touch recieved bluetooth did it not?

All the same you guys are probably right, I'm just hopeful. :)

14. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The only company to ever give free mobile internet has been Amazon with their Kindle. Why did they do this? Because you can only download books and browse a somewhat limited internet. That's it. There's no tethering, media streaming, app downloading, or other phone like services. Would Apple ever do this? No. Why not? Because the carriers would want lots of money to allow people to download and stream lots of data. As opposed to books and a limited internet.

But the picture was of the 1G iPod Touch, which came out a month before the image was posted. The 2G got Bluetooth in 2009 with the release of iOS 3.0. That's a whole 1 1/2 years between the false Bluetooth image and working Bluetooth on the 2G.

15. King Alekay thread starter macrumors member

All right, I admit you guys are most likely correct. Like I said earlier, I am just hopeful.

16. King Alekay thread starter macrumors member

Ok, maybe the iphone 4 will not have free 3g when the iphone 5 comes out but I still think that the ipod touch will have free 3g and I also think that the iPad 3 will have free 3g as well.

17. King Alekay thread starter macrumors member

Ok, yeah you guys are definitely right, I was thinking about what I said and it does sound ridiculous! I do think however that the iPod touch will be available with 3g connectivity, but it will not be free like I said earlier. And it probably won't be in the 5th gen iPod touch but maybe the 6th or 7th.

18. RWil85 macrumors 6502a

Really?

Just try sitting in front of a mirror and speaking your thoughts..ought to go fairly well.

19. King Alekay, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2011

hahaha! I guess I should. :)

Haha, don't pay any attention to my rambling, I'm just 15, I don't know what I'm talking about!

20. Illuminated macrumors 6502a

Illuminated

21. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

If the iPod Touch got free 3G, then it would essentially become an iPhone. That would drastically kill sales of iPhones. Why would anybody pay for an iPhone if they can have an iPod touch with Google Voice for free? Texting? Use free internet-texting apps, and iMessage.