iPhone 4 a precision tool, EVO a toy (also 3g(s))

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by apple.pseudofan, Jun 7, 2010.

1. apple.pseudofan macrumors regular

OK, I will state up front that I have never been drawn to other carriers or manufacturers ever since the original iPhone. That being said, I do like some of the customizations available with Android and will admit that some of the devices that run it are nice. Just nothing that has tempted me away from iPhone.

Anyways, engadget had a little comparison with the EVO, and I must say that the EVO (and the 3g(s)) look like children's toys next the the iPhone 4.

I just personally think it looks like a professional, solidly built and engineered device. The large screen on the EVO also looks a bit gimmicky, and appears as though it would be entirely to huge to carry around. I haven't seen one or held one in person, so it is some speculation.

Anyways, here is the link.
    http://www.engadget.com/photos/iphone-4-vs-evo-4g-fight/#3053507

2. army91c macrumors 6502a

IMHO when you put them all together like that the iPhone 4 wins in the looks dept hands down! I love the new look.

3. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

i played with the EVO today. Its a nice phone but i feel for me its too big. It defeats the purpose of a phone. Navigation was still laggy like other android phones i've tried, but i have heard Froyo fixes that.

4. Squid7085 macrumors 6502a

The big thing with the Evo is really the screen size, personally, I think t he iPhone size is perfect, I have yet to hold an Evo, but it just seems too big. Otherwise, 8MP camera is meh, there is a point where I rather have a better sensor, not more Megapixels.

5. damant macrumors 6502

damant

yup the Evo scrolling is still jerky/laggy alike the incredible . when compared to the 3gs let alone the iphone 4 :)

i'm not sure who's catching up to whom :D