iphone 4 activated as new, bad move, restore help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ricanth, Nov 12, 2011.

1. ricanth macrumors newbie

Got a new computer and loaded Itunes 10.5, put my iphone 4 on and because I didn't have any backup on this computer I activated as new, obviously a dumb move. I haven't backed it up for four months on my old computer. I made a lot of business contacts the last four months and only have/had their info on my phone, is there any way to recover that data either with itunes or with an external program? I don't care if it's $100, I really ned to recover these contacts.

I know the obvious I should have backed up more recently and shouldn't have activated as new, searched around and didn't see an exact answer, I appreciate the help.

Thank you

2. E4tH, Nov 12, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2011

E4tH macrumors newbie

3. ricanth thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you E4th... I tried calling them and they said $1200-1500, little too steep for me, but thanks again

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So you restored and setup as new.
    You didnt have any previous backups saved for over 4 months and you're trying to recover all that info from where? Once you restore everything is deleted, if there is no backup saved on itunes or another itunes library how can you recover something that was never there? Everything that you had on your phone is gone. Not sure if you restored it or try to upgrade it?
    But next time you should be more carefull and if you know you have important info why didnt you take a few minutes and back it up before you did anything?