iphone 4 activation help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by maximus20, Aug 21, 2010.

1. maximus20 macrumors newbie

hi..i bought an iphone 4 unactivated till now from a person. the seller took out his sim after opening the sealed box right in front of me as i wanted a sealed iphone so its unactivated yet...now how can i use it with at&t connection as i dont want to unlock/jailbreak it and want to apple updates/itunes.

2. nippyjun macrumors 65816

Go to AT&T store and have them give you a new sim and activate it for you. Then sync it with iTunes.

3. maximus20 thread starter macrumors newbie

hi..i went to att store they said that the iphone is connected with the original sim which came along with it. and if i need a new sim then the original owner will have to call call center and remove the sim serial number...i cannot go back to original owner as i simply bought it from craiglist...pls help

i can give ur reference for $25 credit..lemme know

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They should be able to figure it out and tie the serial number to your simcard.
    Tell them you cant chase the seller. Their job is to get it to work. Talk to some other rep that knows what they're doing.

5. nippyjun macrumors 65816

I've done this. The AT&T person was wrong. Go to a corporate AT&T store if possible, or get a different person at the store you went to.

By the way. Make sure you enable the ability to pm or email you on the forums. I couldn't send you an email.

6. inka macrumors newbie