Iphone 4 activation issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Drohi, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Drohi macrumors newbie

so i bought an iphone 4 for full price carrier free or in other words factory unlocked from canada. i was assured at the apple store that it would work in any country as long as it has micro sim so after coming back to my country which is half way around the world from canada i installed my micro sim and it kept saying either no service or invalid sim then i updated my iphone to 4.1 and now it's stuck in emergency mode and i cant even go to my home screen ( which i could before i had updated to 4.1 ) and when i connect to i tunes it says my sim is not supported .

ps - i restored the phone 2-3 times from dfu mode without the sim installed but still stuck in emergency mode.

so any help would be much appreicated.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    No offense, but if you bought if from a Canadian carrier and they told you it's supposed to be unlocked then why are you asking a bunch of people on an Internet forum what to do?

You should call that cell phone company that sold you the phone and ask them to unlock it for you or explain what is going on.

3. Drohi thread starter macrumors newbie

none taken, but i already wrote that i bought it from an apple store in toronto. see how i wrote "i was assured at the apple store that it would work in any country"

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Regardless of whether it was bought from a carrier or Apple, have you tried calling that Apple store, or Apple itself to see what they say?

5. Drohi thread starter macrumors newbie

No i haven't but i will call them if nothing works out by tomorrow