iPhone 4 Activation problems? T-Mobile

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MikeMac82, Jun 24, 2010.

1. MikeMac82 macrumors newbie

Ive trimmed my sim down to a micro and the iphone wont work on t-mobile. i wont activate throught itunes, i activated with a o2 payasugo sim and tried putting the tmobile in after the activation and it wnt pick up any signal? any ideas

2. brvheart macrumors 6502

Oh dear, must be defective, send it to me and I will check it out for you....

3. MikeMac82 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah alright mate :rolleyes:

4. brvheart macrumors 6502

Mate - not trying to be a d!ck, but think about what you wrote - wont work on TMOBILE.....

5. mqguitar macrumors member

unless this isnt an unlocked phone from Across the sea, or canada( which is not out yet).

Then well you got a beautiful paperweight. Got to wait for the unlock for the phone which might take forever considering there isnt still an unlock for newer 3GS's.

6. outphase macrumors 65816

http://www.t-mobile.de/

Think about what you wrote. OP mentioned O2, clearly not an American carrier. Go from there.

7. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

I thought Ultrasn0w was just updated to do the newer 3gs.

8. brvheart macrumors 6502

I stand corrected - missed that - only read tmobile and that they had cut the SIM.

9. mqguitar macrumors member

But you have to have had the older Modem on 3.1.2 i believe and i bought my phone with 3.1.3.

10. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Incorrect. They included current firmwares for 3.1.3 in the unlock as well. They're working on 4.0.

11. mqguitar macrumors member

12. MikeMac82 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a 3GS working on t-mobile. I originally registered it with orange, put a pay as u go sim in it with £20 credit. Gave them all the details and they unlocked it for me on all networks. its running OS4 which i updated through itunes with a t-mobile sim in it. o2 also offer this option to unlock the iphone but are not willing to help on the iphone4 untill the launch is over. As t-mobile are releasing the iphone soon, i will just run the 02 payasugo microsim i brought with it today. Looks like i will just have to wait a while to use my t-mobile sim in it

13. MikeMac82 thread starter macrumors newbie

14. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

other countries than america bro

15. telco*engineer macrumors member

does the trimmed down sim work in the 3GS when you use a microsim adaptor ?

16. brvheart macrumors 6502

guess you missed where I said - I stand corrected....

17. MikeMac82 thread starter macrumors newbie

i did earlier and it wouldnt work so got a feeling is my sim card. Not sure if too order a neew one or wait for tmobile to release the microsim. they are launching the iphone4 so it shouldnt be too much longer......hopefully

18. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

O2 does not normally sell them unlocked out of the Box. You have to request the unlock and generally wait two weeks. Since it appears you bought it on pay and go you also will be charged sterling 15 for the unlock. Unless things have changed since the 3gs.

19. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

I'm going to clear this up, because everyone else is clueless.

You bought an unlocked iPhone direct from Apple? (You couldn't have bought it from O2, as they're not selling PayGo iPhone 4's yet.)

You used a www.o2.co.uk sim card to activate it?

You are trying to use your www.t-mobile.co.uk sim in it? And you chopped down a regular size sim?

Bad news for you, the actual sizes of the chip on the Micro Sim is completely different, so you're gonna have to wait until T-Mobile offer micro sims. Sorry to disappoint you.

T-Mobile WILL NOT be selling the iPhone 4 for at least a month, minimum (therefore no micro sims until then) due to the stock shortages.

Just go on O2..

20. telco*engineer macrumors member

I would order a replacement, it will arrive for next day. I think the replacement one will have a smaller contact area. This is based on my experience of ordering a replacement sim.

21. smartpeter macrumors newbie

I am not sure should I confirm that .. also DIY cut micro SIM is not recognise by iPhone 4

Mine keeps saying 'no SIM detected'

I tried both O2 and Orange (2G) SIM

Any advice please
    Thx

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. telco*engineer macrumors member

On the 02 picture the gap looks to big at the bottom so although the dimensions are probably correct, the connector positioning isn't

23. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

Myself and a colleague cut an o2 and a Three sim respectively. Both worked fine. The connectors in a regular sim and a micro sim are the same, you just need to cut carefully.

24. smartpeter macrumors newbie

Hi there
    Could you please post the picture of you 'cut' micro sim while it's fit in the tray - the underneath view? I feel that I might have cut my improperly. The connector surface might be missing.