iphone 4 activation without jb?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bigreat, Jun 21, 2010.

1. bigreat macrumors member

Hi,

I want to activate my iphone 4 without change my plan. Is there a way to do this (without jailbreaking)

Thanks

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

explain more what you are trying to do. what plan do want to keep unchanged?

3. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

If you are on an official carrier, you should just be able to obtain a micro-SIM or cut down your current SIM. If not, then you will have to wait to jailbreak and unlock. Please note that nothing you can do to your iPhone changes any contractual obligation you might have with your carrier; for instance, you may not be permitted to use a smartphone on your current plan or you may be required to purchase a data plan if you use an iPhone.

4. bigreat thread starter macrumors member

Hi,

I'm with ATT right now. However, I don't want to lose currently unlimited data plan, so is that possible I can active my new iphone 4 not through att. thus i don't have to change to the plan(200mb/$15) I selected when I pre-ordered this iphone?

5. fibrizo macrumors 6502

fibrizo

Att already stated you didn't have to change plans. You can keep unlimited. Might have to call them if you selected the 15$ plan when ordering. I was given an option to keep my plan when I ordered.

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

People with unlimited data plans are grandfathered in, even if they upgrade their phones. You should just call them and make that change before you activate. Hopefully they will not tell you you've already lost your grandfathering.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

those going with low data plans keep in mind to watch your data for the month. it's not really known how much the new Iadd is going to effect Data totals! just be careful! ;) Data cost are high if you go over!

8. bigreat thread starter macrumors member

I previous data plan is$15 medianet unlimited plan.