IPhone 4 activation?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Blingster, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Blingster macrumors newbie

Hey I'm looking for a way to activate my new IPhone, i bought from a friend and I'm stuck on the ''insert a SIM card...'' image..

I tried Greenp0ison and Limera1n but both of them return me to the ''insert SIM card'' image..

I'm on 4.2.1 if that is any help...

Thank you!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You need to put in a SIM card that is for its carrier (AT&T) or an old SIM card if its a factory unlock. Then plug it into iTunes. I don't think there is hacktivation on iPhone 4 running 4.2.X yet.

3. Blingster thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, I tried to get a SIM card with Rogers but I'm only 16 and they said I need to have 18.. But then I red a post that said AT&T gives SIM cards free but non-activated.. Is it true?

4. iLoyal macrumors regular

There's another way to get rid of that screen. I went to T-Mobile and told them that I need another sim-card. Then they gave me one for free and just tell them to cut it to a micro sim. Normally the carriers have the cutter. Hope that help.

5. Blingster thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok I found it

Ok I found the AT&T SIM card, it's only 6$ i'll go buy it!

thank you

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

you need a sim what ever network the iPhone is locked too AT&T, Rogers, Orange etc. not just a random sim. activated or not will work with att at least. if it's a iphone 4 you will need a mini sim or to cut a regular one.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly.
    An AT&T sim will only activate US iphones.
    If you have a Canadian iphone locked to Rogers you will obviously need a Rogers sim.

8. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I knew there was something really wrong on this thread, I found it, someone actually wrote "AT&T" and "FREE" on the same sentence.

You need a Rogers SIM if the phone is Locked to rogers.

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

as somebody over 18 to get you the sim card or barrow one. hope you didn't order that att sim. it's only $6 but worthless.