iPhone 4 Activation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zach23, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Zach23 macrumors regular

If I went to buffalo (I'm from Ontario) and purchased an iPhone 4 off of somebody from craigslist and brought the phone home, would it activate using iTunes? Or would I have to wait for a jailbreak/activation?

Thanks,
    Zach

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you bought one of the official carrier unlocked iphones sold in canada then it would activate and work with any simcard.
    If it was a USA locked to AT&T carrier you'd have to JB, hactivate and unlock it to use it in Canada.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

It depends on your carrier. Is Rogers still the only iPhone carrier in Canada? Are you with Rogers? If yes, then activate via iTunes. If no, then you would probably have to jailbreak/unlock, (if that's possible; iPhone Dev Team has yet to LIBERATE the iOS for the iPhone 4)

+1 ^^^ Applejuiced... (I believe the new iPhone 4 uses the Mini-SIM or Micro-SIM card)

4. Zach23 thread starter macrumors regular

So that means I it will be stuck on the iTunes logo thing until a jailbreak/unlock comes out? So no phone until then?

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Sorry about that, but that's the risk we take with Craig's List. Twitter the iPhone Dev Team and they'll notify you immediately regarding a jailbreak/unlock for the iOS iPhone 4...

Text to: 40404

follow iphone_dev

You'll get Twitter Tweets and Text Messages both are automatically sent to your phone...

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly.