iPhone 4 advice

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stiligFox, Mar 31, 2014.

1. stiligFox macrumors 65816

stiligFox

Hello all!

I have the opportunity to buy an iPhone 4 for a $90 that is in excellent condition.

I guess I should start by saying I currently have a Lumia 520, and have a pay as I go 10c/minute phone plan with it. I don't talk hardly at all, and just use wifi for light browsing, and not much else.

Everything else I own is Apple, and most of my friends use iPhones as well. I thought that using a 4 would still let me use FaceTime and iMessage (thus saving on my minutes) and then work better with my Apple eco-system.

The phone I'm thinking of buying is still on iOS 6.

Does this seem like a good idea? Does the 4 run iOS 7 decently enough for FaceTime/light browsing?

2. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

iPhone 4 advice

iOS 7 used to suck on iPhone 4, but with 7.1 it's quite useable now. I say go for it.

3. stiligFox thread starter macrumors 65816

stiligFox

Awesome, thank you!

4. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

iPhone 4 advice

No problem. Alternatively, you can also use Viber, Skype, WhatsApp, and many other apps to communicate with your friends. Skype does video calls quite well.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Similar discussion going on at http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1713859

6. stiligFox thread starter macrumors 65816

stiligFox

True, I do use that from time to time. My Mom likes FaceTime's simplicity :p

Ordered it already -- Getting excited!

7. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

8. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Seems like you've already made up your mind, but figure I'd also add that for $90 I'd buy it too. With 7.1 it's much better to use and since your usage patterns are pretty light, it should work just fine for you.

9. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

Yeah, $90 is a good deal, even now.

10. stiligFox thread starter macrumors 65816

stiligFox

Figured I'd actually update you -- IT IS AMAZING. I was really expecting it to really slow but this thing BLAZING compared to my Lumia 520 which afaik is a newer phone!

Don't get me started on when I figured out it had GPS..! It is so nice to have a phone that does what I want it to without hassle. I'm a guy with an iPad, Mac, iPod, old Apple stuff-- and I truly never new what I was missing out on.

Thank you, \-V-/ -- you were a huge help!!

11. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

I'm very glad you're happy with it. :) Yes, GPS is definitely helpful. I can barely find my way out of my house, much less get to destinations on the road without a GPS or road map. I have 4 different GPS apps on my phone... some are offline in case I lose reception during long road trips with a good ol' road map as back up... though I've never had to use it.

Again, glad you're enjoying it. :cool:

12. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

Go for it ! The 4 on iOS 7 was sooooo slow and laggy but after 7.1 the phone is handling it like a champ :)

13. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

720p HD