iPhone 4 advice

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mysticalone, Jul 6, 2010.


Cancel my order?

Poll closed Jul 21, 2010.
  1. Yes

    6 vote(s)
  2. No

    12 vote(s)
  3. Wait, Apple may release a revision

    0 vote(s)
  1. mysticalone macrumors newbie

    Aug 16, 2008
    I ordered mine July 1st, says I won't get it till the 28th. I'm cool with that.

    Think Apple might do a revision before I get mine fixing the antenna and IR sensor?

    I'm heavily considering canceling but want I opinions. No I won't get a temp fix like a bumper.
  2. maflynn Moderator


    Staff Member

    May 3, 2009
    Right now apple is stating its a software issue, so I highly doubt you'll see any changes in design/manufacturing at this point irregardless of it actually being a hardware problem.

    And evidence does seem to indicate a hardware issue, I mean if it is a problem with the logic used to display how many bars showing up, why is this loss of signal showing up on the 3GS. Also why is actual bandwidth suffering when someone holds the phone a certain way.

    My point is, if you want a phone buy it, knowing that there are these defects. If you want to wait, then you'll probably need to wait until apple updates the phone next year. The design is the flaw based on what I read.
  3. br0adband macrumors 6502a


    Aug 29, 2006
    Cancel it and wait.

    Are you going to go crazy insane or die today because of this situation? Is the iPhone 4 an absolute must have or you're going to actually suffer some physical malady or psychological break because of not having it on order or in your hands today or whenever? No?

    Then it's perfectly fine to wait.

    I'd much rather see you wait (not that it matters) and get a good working product than order it, wait for it, build up your anticipation for it, not sure if it's gonna work or not, and then get it and find out "Oh crap..." and then get more frustrated and have to deal with the potential return or exchange situation.

    Seems logical to me...

Share This Page