IPhone 4: After the return - Withdrawal symptoms

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by geiko9, Jul 14, 2010.

1. geiko9 macrumors newbie

I returned my iphone with much difficulty today
    see post #20 at this thread
    -> http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=967504

Because I couldn't use it where I live/work
    -> http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=966574

And started using my IPhone 3G. Here are my withdrawal symptoms

The good
    - No nagging feeling about a faulty iphone in the pocket
    - No fear of picking up calls from work, when you know its going to drop, the moment you pick the phone up!
    - The 3G feels much more comfortable to hold in my palm, due to its curved back.
    - I don't miss the multi-tasking.

The bad - things that I miss about the iphone 4.
    1. Battery life. My 3G sucks at battery life.
    2. Speed. Clearly iphone 4 was snappy and responsive. With the 3G I feel takes 2 or 3 seconds more than the iphone 4 in launching apps.
    3. Camera/video. 3G has no video, and the photos that it takes are not as good as the ones that the iphone 4 took. I think I will miss the camera/video when opportunities to use them arise.

If you've returned your IPhone 4 and have moved back to using your 3GS or 3G please post your experience/withdrawal symptoms if any.

2. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

3. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

I loved my 3GS, but I don't think I could go back easily. Although it did feel better in the hand, I've learned how to hold this one and have gotton used to it. My girlfriend has a 3GS still, and looking a the screen is horrible! I never knew it was that bad untill I got my 4. Plus, I love the battery life of the 4. My 3GS would need a charge after a full day on standby and then some use when I got home. Now it goes a full work day on standby, and even heavier use when I get home and I still have juice left when I put it on the charger to go to sleep. If I could get a 4 in a 3GS body, that would be awesome!!

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I think those reality shows where they deprogram the cult members can be seen as having withdrawal symptoms also. ;)

You're only halfway to being deprogrammed, time for a princess phone. :p

5. Maskusee macrumors 6502a

Maskusee

No offense here, but i just don't get forum members and their replies.
    And it feels like lately its been getting worse and worse.

The OPs thread title pretty much says exactly what this thread is going to be about, why the hate?

Its basically like going to a Barnes and Nobles store, looking at a book that you know you are not interested in, opening that book up, and then getting mad and ripping pages out of it.

6. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

+1

There has been LOT of this lately.

7. Reelknead1 macrumors 6502

I returned mine and went back to my 3g. Its so SLOW with 4.0ios. I'm hoping this friday they come out of the closet and say that they are going to actually fix the issue. I love the 3g I just wish it was faster, and had a better screen. Those are the two things that i miss most. Hopefully soon enough i will have a iphone 4 again.

8. Octane19 macrumors member

I'm feeling the same way. I think part of it is mental knowing that something is wrong with my phone and you have to put a case on it to "band-aid" the problem. It might be OCD on my part, not sure. I just haven't fallen in love with the ip4 the way I did my 3g. It makes me not even want to use it because it's flawed. I was even thinking of selling it and buying a 3gs because I don't think there is anyway I could go back to my 3g. Plus my wife was using my old 3g until the white ip4 came out, but with the problems, that could be a ways off. Not complaining, just stating how I feel.

9. Savor Suspended

Savor

You will get withdrawals even if you switch to another brand. This thread reminded me of a blog of a Nexus One owner who had issues with the phone and then had to go back to the G1. Started missing his N1.

I am one of those few that if I did have an antenna problem, I still would rather have a flawed device than go back to 2G/3G iPhones and all their technical shortcomings.

So what if the iPhone 4 isn't "perfect"? It could arguably still be the best. Difference being perfect vs the best.

10. klrobinson999 macrumors 6502

Indeed.
    Because so many responders are punk jackasses who needed a good belt when they were younger. Maybe then they wouldn't be so cynical and sarcastic to the point of cruelty.

11. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

3GS exhibits zero lag on iOS4 but I miss the retina resolution.