iPhone 4 always crashes (like 6 times a day)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sammyman, Mar 23, 2011.

1. sammyman macrumors 6502a

So my iPhone is always dying. One day it died about 6 times. I was going to bring it into the apple store, but it is pretty hard to guess when it dies. Then I had a streak where it didn't die for 3 days. And today it was dying again. I don't know what to do.

The phone is not jail broken. I did try jail breaking last year for mywi, but I gave it up and now have the newest firmware. The only thing I can think is that the phone is broken, or that something got tweaked when my phone was jail broken about 4 months ago and is now messing up my phone (highly unlikely).

What should I do?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I would try a restore first and maybe setup as new to make sure theres no bugs in your backup file.
    If it still does the same after its restored as new then bring it to Apple for a replacement.

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Back it up. Restore it to factory and if that fixes it you know it is something you have installed. If it does not fix it, return it and get a refurbished unit.

Done.:apple:

4. tigert07 macrumors regular

I had this same exact problem with my iPhone 4 i got on launch day. Restore it and back it up. Then bring it to apple, they will give you a new one.

5. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Agreed with the "restore it" comments. But make sure you set it up as a NEW PHONE and don't use a backup on it. Then just set it back up normally. If it continues to die, take it in to an Apple store.

It won't have to die while they look at it for them to believe you. They can run tests on it and determine how often its dying, etc.

6. sammyman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Finally took it back to apple and they confirmed there was a hardware problem with the phone. The new one works great so far!

7. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

That's good. There had to be something wrong with the hardware. I've not once experienced a crash and I've had my phone for several months. I'm glad you got it taken care of.