Iphone 4 and 3g bars.... should i return my phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by onearsenewenger, Aug 1, 2010.

1. onearsenewenger macrumors newbie

I have purchased a new iphone 4, and when i cover the antenna with my fingers the 3g network bars drop from 3 to 1 but it doesn't go all the way to zero. I can make phone calls covering the antenna but my 3g speed reduces. Is this what most people are experiencing or not? Should i return my iphone?

Thanks

2. Macbie macrumors member

It's the same for me. Exchanged for another one due to bad pixels, still got the same reception problem.

3. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

Well, don't cover the antenna.:D
    On a serious note, a case solves the signal problem for most people and now you can get one from Apple for free. And if you don't want to put it in a case, there're some pretty funny "band-aids" for the hot spot now (I don't know if those help)!

I'd keep the phone, it's amazing.:)

4. xyz1534 macrumors regular

So long as the calls don't drop you shud be fine

5. whocaresit macrumors 6502a

6. onearsenewenger thread starter macrumors newbie

I appreciate your replies guys, but i just want to find out if my experience is common, or if i am in the minority. I want to keep the phone but if it most iphone 4's don't have my issue then what harm is it to return in and try and get one that doesn't have this problem.

Thanks

7. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

I don't have this problem. Could just be your location has poorer reception.

8. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I have this issue, bought a case and it's fixed (more or less). I thought about exchanging it but I think they will just tell me to get a case, which i did anyway.

9. Macbie macrumors member

Used to have 5bars with my 3G at home now is just ugly. I think the last poster is right, trying to exchange the phone because the reception is bad they will just tell you to get a case. I think the better excuse is to tell them your phone keep dropping calls everywhere you go.