Iphone 4 and 3g bars.... should i return my phone?

onearsenewenger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
I have purchased a new iphone 4, and when i cover the antenna with my fingers the 3g network bars drop from 3 to 1 but it doesn't go all the way to zero. I can make phone calls covering the antenna but my 3g speed reduces. Is this what most people are experiencing or not? Should i return my iphone?

Thanks

Macbie

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2007
It's the same for me. Exchanged for another one due to bad pixels, still got the same reception problem.

Comment

Chunkycat

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2010
I have purchased a new iphone 4, and when i cover the antenna with my fingers the 3g network bars drop from 3 to 1 but it doesn't go all the way to zero. I can make phone calls covering the antenna but my 3g speed reduces. Is what most people are finding or not? Should i return my iphone?

Thanks
Well, don't cover the antenna.:D
On a serious note, a case solves the signal problem for most people and now you can get one from Apple for free. And if you don't want to put it in a case, there're some pretty funny "band-aids" for the hot spot now (I don't know if those help)!

I'd keep the phone, it's amazing.:)

Comment

onearsenewenger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
I appreciate your replies guys, but i just want to find out if my experience is common, or if i am in the minority. I want to keep the phone but if it most iphone 4's don't have my issue then what harm is it to return in and try and get one that doesn't have this problem.

Thanks

Comment

LordOBoogie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
I don't have this problem. Could just be your location has poorer reception.

Comment

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
California
I have this issue, bought a case and it's fixed (more or less). I thought about exchanging it but I think they will just tell me to get a case, which i did anyway.

Comment

Macbie

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2007
Used to have 5bars with my 3G at home now is just ugly. I think the last poster is right, trying to exchange the phone because the reception is bad they will just tell you to get a case. I think the better excuse is to tell them your phone keep dropping calls everywhere you go.

Comment