iPhone 4 and 3Gs

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MacNeely, Oct 10, 2011.

1. MacNeely macrumors newbie

Oct 10, 2011
    With the iPhone 4s making a huge buzz, I want to ask a question to other iPhone users..

iPhone 4 or 3Gs??? I am going to get one or the other this week and I really need an opinion from people how might know what they are talking about.. would be great.. Thanks guys
  2. element96x macrumors newbie

Feb 9, 2010
    If its possible, without a doubt get the 4. You wont be disappointing. You'll end up being frustrated with your outdated 3GS by the time you have an upgrade again. Play it safe and get a 4.
  3. MacNeely thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 10, 2011
    Will the 3GS not get any new apps or anything? you're right.. I might just hold off for a month or so and get the 4s.. just don't have that money right now lol
  4. Burne Jones macrumors newbie

Jul 7, 2011
    I vote for iPhone 4s. More lighter, more faster, epuipe with ios5 and much higher pixel of camera/
  5. TechLifeMobile macrumors newbie

Oct 10, 2011
    Jacksonville, FL
    If anything go for the iPhone 4 or 4s. Better battery life. Better camera. Better phone. Not that the 3Gs sucks but the 4 is just a better phone.
  6. theDUB macrumors 6502a

Nov 15, 2008
    SLT, CA
    Given the choice, why would you ever buy older technology?
  7. eawmp1 macrumors 601

Feb 19, 2008
    From your bold, blue font, I'm guessing you are visually impaired. The retina display on the 4 or 4S is for you.
  8. aldorande, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011

aldorande macrumors member

Dec 1, 2009
    iPhone 3GS is a good phone too.
    The technology it's using is two year old but that should do most of the thing you want.

The question you need to ask yourself are:

How much money are you willing to spend for your phone?

Do you need a good camera or not? Do you want a flash?

What cpu intensive app would you use?

Do you have a preference concerning the design? square or rounded shape? plastic or steel?