Iphone 4 and a new Imac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by esfrost, Dec 21, 2010.

1. esfrost macrumors member

Hello there everyone!

Sorry, but i did not make a search about this question, so dont be so hard on me.

Heres my situation:

I was a pc user yesterday, but i just bought an imac a couple of hours ago. I used my iphone 4 with my pc/itunes, but now, im gonna use it with my mac/itunes for the first time. What will happen, when i plug my iphone 4 in. Will it erase all my data, including contacts and settings, wich are the most important for me, or will it ask me to set it up as my phone? Let me know please.

Thanks

2. iMacBoy macrumors 6502

I was in the same situation last year, there is an application you can get that will transfer everything from your iPhone to your Mac iTunes, i will try and find it and edit the post.

-iMacage

EDIT: Found a tutorial: http://www.gutensoft.com/Guide/How-to-transfer-music-videos-photos-on-your-iPod-iPhone-to-Mac.htm
    Here is another tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEAHIz9KIEg

There are many different applications to do this, so if this link above does not help you, just google it!

Hope i helped!

3. esfrost thread starter macrumors member

Ahhhh, thanks, that would be a great help. Btw.: what will happen if i just simpley plug it in?

4. iMacBoy macrumors 6502

Nothing will happen, unless you click something you shouldn't. (just make sure iTunes in closed)

There is a number of tutorials on youtube, and google, have a good read/watch first, i wish i could remember what application i used, but it was over a year ago now.

-iMacage.

5. esfrost thread starter macrumors member

Well, i have just plugged my iphone 4 in, and it worked like a charm, except i had to de-authorize the 5 pc, than i had to authorize the mac. After the authorization i managed to transfer all my apps, and did a back up. -thanks

6. iMacBoy macrumors 6502

Glad it worked smoothly for you, so tell me, you don't even need a third party application anymore? :eek:

-iMacage

7. esfrost thread starter macrumors member

Well, i did not, although i didnt wanted to sync music, itunes would def. delet those, because i dont have em on the mac yet. Just transfered all my purchases, and did a backup.