iPhone 4 and Bose SoundDock products

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Yoeddy1, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Yoeddy1 macrumors newbie

Tested my 4 with my Bose SoundDock portable and it appears to work just fine. There were questions about it in previous threads...just wanted to share.

Thanks,
    Jason

2. egeek84 macrumors 6502

egeek84

Yeah mine works fine too. I just had to remove the little plastic thing around the dock in order for it to fit.

3. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

4. gspantid macrumors newbie

I tested mine WITH the iPhone 4 bumper and it still worked fine

5. ispens macrumors newbie

Bose Sounddock with Iphone Safety

The safety problem with the original Bose SoundDock is the the fireweire charge pin is at 12 volts on the dock connector right next to the USB charge pin at 5 volts. If the connector is worn or bent and the 12V gets up the 5V connection the magic smoke is released. No more Iphone. What you need is the USB charge convertor that safely removes the entirely and feeds the phone with 5V at a safe current limit. I got mine from www.invebo.com. Takes about 5 mins to fit and now my dock charges all Apple devices safely. The kit also replaces the dock connector with a nice shiny one.

6. singingpub macrumors newbie

Bose Sounddock Portable model +iphone4

Acutally experiencing alot of problems myself... plays through the Bose speaker for a few seconds and then cuts out...hit play again and sound comes from iphone4 speaker only....

7. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod