iPhone 4 and car deck shuffle not randomized

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by captivator, Sep 4, 2010.

1. captivator macrumors member

Hi all,

I have the iPhone 4 and a new Sony car deck, model CDXGT540UI. It has USB so I can connect my phone and change the songs through the deck (as opposed to changing songs through the phone).

The issue I am having is when I plug it in, through the deck I select the (only) playlist and shuffle the playlist but each and every time I get in the car the songs are played in the same order. It's like it's chosen a set of songs in random order and frozen it. It would be nice to hop in and listen to a different order each time.

Does any one who connect their phone to their deck have any suggestions? Thanks.

2. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

I have the factory GM head unit with USB port and I have to shuffle the songs before I plug it it. That's for all songs though, I'm not positive if I've done it with a playlist.

3. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

Create a smart playlist with the rule that "Last Played is not within the last 'X' days."

When you play a song, it will automatically delete that song from the playlist.

OS 4 killed this for live updating on the iPhone 4, but it will reset when you sync.

Hopefully Apple adds this functionality back in with the next update.

4. captivator thread starter macrumors member

This worked. Thank you kindly!