iphone 4 and car dock connector

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pgherardi, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Pgherardi macrumors newbie

I recently put a dock connector in my car using the Dice electronics kit. Everytime I put the dock connector into my iPhone music starts playing from the phone automatically on my car radio. Does anyone know if there is a setting or something that I can do to have the iPhone not start playing music when the dock connector is plugged into my car kit? Sometimes I just want to listen to my radio and not have the music playing in the background.

2. Sean006 macrumors 6502

did you try changing the "band" ?

i have the isimple gateway with bluetooth.... i have to change the band back to am-fm or xm...

dont know much about your set up though...

3. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

4. Pgherardi thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea I know all about the band on my radio. The dice electronics box allows the ipod to play over multiple bands so I can here the instructions from my navigon GPS app. What I really want to change if possible is that the phone starts playing music when I plug the dock connector in. This has to be something with software since plugging in the dock connector essentially opens up the ipod app and presses play. Anyone experiance this and know how to stop it?