Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zenteeric

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Anyone else have any dreams about getting a scratch in your screen or something? I have them all the time! It's scary and I wake up all flustered haha. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience.

tugger

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2005
Free case + screen protector = sweet dreams

Now get out there and solve some real problems. :rolleyes:

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010
We have troops over in the Middle East keeping us worry free at home and you wake up "flustered" about scratching your phone?

Very specific response, but really... if you are actually that obsessed with it to the point that you have reoccurring dreams then I think that you must be very disconnected from reality.

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
Anyone else have any dreams about getting a scratch in your screen or something? I have them all the time! It's scary and I wake up all flustered haha. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience.

I honestly think you have bigger issues than just obsessing about phones.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
We have troops over in the Middle East keeping us worry free at home and you wake up "flustered" about scratching your phone?

Very specific response, but really... if you are actually that obsessed with it to the point that you have reoccurring dreams then I think that you must be very disconnected from reality.

What a....misguided statement. But yeah OP - If this is the most stressful thing in your life, you're doing something wrong.

cathyy

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2008
Just get a screen protector. I bought a $20 Power Supply protector and it fits really well. My friends don't even realize that it has a protector until I mention it. Keeps the screen protected from scratches so you don't have to worry any longer. :)

exemos

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2009
Wonderful thing about this forum...how friendly they are.

Yes, I also dream about scratching my phone and I get panicky but it was all a dream...Weirdly enough my girlfriend has also had the same nightmares.

ulbador

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2010

Yes, I also dream about scratching my phone and I get panicky but it was all a dream...Weirdly enough my girlfriend has also had the same nightmares.

Oh it's not just this forum. Fan and discussions forums are horrible for their generation of vitriol. Give someone a soapbox and they will use it..

Zenteeric

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Lol it's only happened a couple a times really. I have a great life and a girlfriend and am going to college and everything. not really my biggest issue as I haven't bought a screen protector yet so it can't be that important. I just thought I'd see if anyone else had the same dreams.
Anyways, the main reason I haven't bought a screen protector is #1 vision. I find that people's phones with protectors on aren't as vivid as they are naked. And #2 is touch. I have read a lot about sensitivity and how protectors kind of numb the touch and don't feel as right. I have a bumper on so it's not that big of a deal..

But I guess my subconscious thinks it is :/

puggles

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2010
my iphone 4 screen already has a bunch of scratches....they don't bother me...it's a phone

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
I've dreamt that my iPhone 4 has cracked about two times I think. I'm worried because my first generation and second generation both cracked. I obviously dream about other things as well, but yes I've dreamt about this happening!

Zenteeric

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Look at it this way maybe my life is going great right now so I really don't have anything else that I worry about? Shouldn't that be a great life?

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009

I've dreamt that my iPhone 4 has cracked about two times I think. I'm worried because my first generation and second generation both cracked. I obviously dream about other things as well, but yes I've dreamt about this happening!

Oy Vey. People with dreams like this make this a scary world. It's a wonder man has made it this far with people with this kind of obsession.

Eso

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2008
This is the type of stuff people dream about. Breaking expensive stuff, losing shoes or shirts in a public setting, or missing important meetings/tests. Some of you act like he should be having nightmares about the AIDS epidemic in Africa.

"Get out there and solve some real problems?" Are you serious? What is he going to be doing, using that valuable sleeping time to cure cancer?

"People with dreams like this make this a scary world." Wow. Oh please tell us, Ann, what should we be dreaming about? By the way, you might want to fill your reply up with subliminal messages so our subconscious minds get the point.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
^^best reply yet

I dream about my evolution X getting stolen all the time, and i am a Marine that has been to the dirt.....

So am i messed up in the head because instead of having PTSD i dream about my car? Lmao you guys just crack me up sometimes.

dontworry

Suspended
Mar 18, 2010
You're probably having these dreams because you're reading these forums before bed and thinking about all the stupid posts about people freaking out that their precious iPhone got scratched when they dropped it. Try looking at the otterbox website before you go to sleep and report back.

oilers15

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2010
lol many of you don't understand how dreams work. Its normal to dream about everyday things such as your iphone or going on a walk or something. It's most possible that you were just playing on your iphone before bed and reacted in the form of a dream.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV

LMAO... Dont think ive EVER had a dream about my phone.

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
Oy Vey. People with dreams like this make this a scary world. It's a wonder man has made it this far with people with this kind of obsession.
It's not an obsession. People have numerous dreams throughout their sleep (many of them that they don't even remember), and many are silly or sometimes even erotic. I don't understand why you think that dreaming about breaking something valuable of yours that you worked hard for is so odd. It's obviously not something I dream about every night or my entire night, but yes I've dreamt about it before. I've even had dreams about my teeth falling out for instance.

izimzis

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010

I think to have reason to believe its gotten much worse for american citizen safety wise since those invasions. Except the gasoline price, which is kept really safe lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.