iPhone 4 and future iPhone theory

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by youngsunnz, Jun 7, 2010.

1. youngsunnz macrumors regular

I was thinking do you think that the next update will be iPhone 4g and that will be for either verizon or sprints network and then the iphone 4gs as a minor update with more speed? Maybe theyre repeating the cycle: ex: first gen iPhone then iPhone 3 and then iPhone 3gs..

Whats your thoughts?

2. wikoogle macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

I don't think there is a long term plan of that sort.

They do the best upgrades they can implement, when they can implement them well. That's all there is to it.

The next update, I think the most we can expect to see is an 4.3 inch AMOLED screen, a smaller bezel, a 4G antenna + Tethering, Verizon and maybe Sprint as carriers, an 8 MP Camera, 1080p video recording, 512 MB of Ram, a 64 GB Nand, maybe a HDTV tuner or HD tv out and probably an even bigger battery. And I'm guessing iPhone OS 5 will implement full voice command, widgets, and better notifications, and an actual home screen. But that's all just an educated guess.

I think they will implement as much of the above as they can manage to squeeze into the phone.

3. Marty Macfly macrumors regular

TV tuner. Right. :rolleyes:

4. wikoogle macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

Samsung developed a very tiny HDTV antenna/tuner designed to fit inside of cellphones.

Imagine picking up HDTV channels over the air onto your phone. I'm not saying all that will be implemented. But if they find a way to implement it well, they just might.